* Bare metal Code to test Big Little on Arndale Octa (5420)
@ 2014-04-28  5:51 armdev
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: armdev @ 2014-04-28  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-samsung-soc, linaro-kernel, Tushar Behera

Hi,

We are trying a write a bare metal test code for Switching tasks from A15 Core to A7 core.
As of now we have this article to start with https://lwn.net/Articles/481055/.

Can the list help us in
a) Where (file/directory ) in Linux kernel code that does the switching code (arch specific) for 5420 ?
b) Any test cases for big little on 5420 ?

-Regards
armdev team

* Re: Bare metal Code to test Big Little on Arndale Octa (5420)
@ 2014-05-02  8:57 ` armdev
From: armdev @ 2014-05-02  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-samsung-soc, linaro-kernel, Tushar Behera

Please comment

@ 2014-05-02 17:43 ` Tomasz Figa
From: Tomasz Figa @ 2014-05-02 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: armdev, linux-samsung-soc, linaro-kernel, Tushar Behera

Hi,

On 28.04.2014 07:51, armdev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying a write a bare metal test code for Switching tasks from A15 Core to A7 core.
> As of now we have this article to start with https://lwn.net/Articles/481055/.
>
> Can the list help us in
> a) Where (file/directory ) in Linux kernel code that does the switching code (arch specific) for 5420 ?

There is no mainline support for big.LITTLE on Exynos5420 yet. There
were some patches [1] posted for MCPM support, though.

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg321666.html

> b) Any test cases for big little on 5420 ?

I'm not aware of any, but Exynos5 is not the primary platform I work on.

Best regards,
Tomasz

* Re: Bare metal Code to test Big Little on Arndale Octa (5420)
@ 2014-05-03  5:21   ` armdev
From: armdev @ 2014-05-03  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomasz Figa; +Cc: linux-samsung-soc, linaro-kernel, Tushar Behera

On 02-May-2014, at 11:13 pm, Tomasz Figa <tomasz.figa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 28.04.2014 07:51, armdev wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are trying a write a bare metal test code for Switching tasks from A15 Core to A7 core.
>> As of now we have this article to start with https://lwn.net/Articles/481055/.
>>
>> Can the list help us in
>> a) Where (file/directory ) in Linux kernel code that does the switching code (arch specific) for 5420 ?
>
> There is no mainline support for big.LITTLE on Exynos5420 yet. There were some patches [1] posted for MCPM support, though.

Tomasz we are trying to add support of Big Little in our RTOS, can you please advice/suggest how to get reference code / documentation.
We have odroid xu and arndale octa.

@ 2014-05-05  4:12 ` Amit Kucheria
From: Amit Kucheria @ 2014-05-05  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: armdev; +Cc: linux-samsung-soc, Lists linaro-kernel, Tushar Behera

Hi,

No public code has been released to boot all 8 cores on the 5420. You
can only see the A15s.

You could however, if you are interested, get IKS[1] working by
integrating the MCPM patches posted by Samsung and the IKS patches
that are already in mainline.

Regards,
Amit
[1] http://lwn.net/Articles/481055/