* Regarding skb and skb_frags
@ 2014-05-01 10:42 Pranay Srivastava
From: Pranay Srivastava @ 2014-05-01 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

I was going through a function

dev_alloc_skb

and it seems that the skb_frags are created only if the data length
passed is > PAGE_SIZE.

My question is that an Ethernet frame won't be bigger than 1500 bytes
[correct?] so there never will be skb_frags for Ethernet frames.
However I've seen skb_frags appeared when sending large data.

I'm not sure how to understand this. Does the driver pokes IP header
to check how many fragments would be coming and decides (on the rcv
side) how much to pass in dev_alloc_skb ?

Thanks
--
        ---P.K.S