* GSoC Project: Implement Xen PVUSB support in xl/libxl toolstack
@ 2014-05-23  6:03 Simon Cao
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Simon Cao @ 2014-05-23  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hi, all,

I am a master student from Shanghai Jiao Tong university who participate in
the Google summer of Code 2014 to "Implement Xen PVUSB support in xl/libxl
toolstack". The project lasts 12 weeks, from 17, May to 18, August. I just
started to review codes and build the development environment. Hope I can
make some contribution to Xen project.
Really excited to work with you guys.

regards,

Simon

* Re: GSoC Project: Implement Xen PVUSB support in xl/libxl toolstack
@ 2014-05-23  7:45 ` Fabio Fantoni
From: Fabio Fantoni @ 2014-05-23  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Cao, xen-devel, George Dunlap

Il 23/05/2014 08:03, Simon Cao ha scritto:
> Hi, all,
>
> I am a master student from Shanghai Jiao Tong university who
> participate in the Google summer of Code 2014 to "Implement Xen PVUSB
> support in xl/libxl toolstack". The project lasts 12 weeks, from 17,
> May to 18, August. I just started to review codes and build the
> development environment. Hope I can make some contribution to Xen
> project.
> Really excited to work with you guys.
>
> regards,
>
> Simon

Added George Dunlap on cc, FWIK was signed as mentor of this project and
is working on newusb hot-plug features in libxl.

* Re: GSoC Project: Implement Xen PVUSB support in xl/libxl toolstack
@ 2014-05-23  9:19 ` Ian Campbell
From: Ian Campbell @ 2014-05-23  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Cao; +Cc: xen-devel

On Fri, 2014-05-23 at 14:03 +0800, Simon Cao wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I am a master student from Shanghai Jiao Tong university who
> participate in the Google summer of Code 2014 to "Implement Xen PVUSB
> support in xl/libxl toolstack". The project lasts 12 weeks, from 17,
> May to 18, August. I just started to review codes and build the
> development environment. Hope I can make some contribution to Xen
> project.
> Really excited to work with you guys.

Welcome aboard!

Ian.

* Re: GSoC Project: Implement Xen PVUSB support in xl/libxl toolstack
@ 2014-05-23  9:27 ` Olaf Hering
From: Olaf Hering @ 2014-05-23  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Cao; +Cc: xen-devel

On Fri, May 23, Simon Cao wrote:

> I am a master student from Shanghai Jiao Tong university who participate in the
> Google summer of Code 2014 to "Implement Xen PVUSB support in xl/libxl
> toolstack". The project lasts 12 weeks, from 17, May to 18, August. I just
> started to review codes and build the development environment. Hope I can make
> some contribution to Xen project.

As a guideline, what places will need changes, take a look at this draft
for pvscsi. I assume your change will use the pvusb UI from xend, so
that existing domU.cfg can be reused.

http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-04/msg03958.html

Good luck.

Olaf

* Re: GSoC Project: Implement Xen PVUSB support in xl/libxl toolstack
@ 2014-06-09 15:23   ` Simon Cao
From: Simon Cao @ 2014-06-09 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olaf Hering; +Cc: xen-devel

Thx. This really helps.