* V4L2 endpoint parser doesn't support empty ports
@ 2014-06-09  8:22 Nikhil Devshatwar
From: Nikhil Devshatwar @ 2014-06-09  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media, s.nawrocki, g.liakhovetski

Hi everyboady,

When using V4l2 endpoint framework for parsing device tree nodes,

I don't find any API which can allow me to iterate over all the
endpoints in a specific port

Currectly we have v4l2_of_get_next_endpoint which can be used to
iterate over all the endpoints
under that device_node

Typically, SoCs have multiple video ports in a video IP
We want a way to iterate over only the endpoints which belong to a certain port
It isn't possible with this

Also, Ideally, all the port definitions are in DTSI file whereas the
endpoints would be defined
in a DTS file overriding the port nodes

So it is quite possible that we have some ports where nothing is connected,
v4l2_of_get_next_endpoint fails as soon as it gets the empty endpoint

2 questions
=> Should we modify the v4l2_of_get_next_endpoint function to ignore
empty endpoints?
=> Does it make sense to create a new function which can iterate over
a specific port?

Thanks,
Nikhil D