* [Xenomai] rt_sem_create problem
@ 2014-06-26  9:49 yogesh garg
From: yogesh garg @ 2014-06-26  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,
I want to protect my shared data structure in my kernel module. But when I
am
trying to call rt_sem_create(), my module makes system hang. Without
rt_sem_create()
call my code works fine.
Please help me whats the problem with rt_sem_create().

Code:-
    RT_SEM mysem;
  ret = rt_sem_create(mysem,"dsem",1,S_PRIO);
  printk(" Return value of sem_create : %d \n",ret);

ret value is success(0).

Yogesh Garg

* Re: [Xenomai] rt_sem_create problem
@ 2014-06-26 12:07 ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2014-06-26 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yogesh garg, xenomai

On 06/26/2014 11:49 AM, yogesh garg wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to protect my shared data structure in my kernel module. But when I
> am
> trying to call rt_sem_create(), my module makes system hang. Without
> rt_sem_create()
> call my code works fine.
> Please help me whats the problem with rt_sem_create().
>
> Code:-
>      RT_SEM mysem;
>    ret = rt_sem_create(mysem,"dsem",1,S_PRIO);
>    printk(" Return value of sem_create : %d \n",ret);
>
> ret value is success(0).

This is probably not your actual code, but rather some kind of
pseudo-code, so don't expect much insight. Except perhaps that you
should pay attention to the compiler warning such code must have produced.

--
Philippe.