* Enforcing default_user, default_role, default_type, default_range
@ 2014-07-03  5:26 dE
From: dE @ 2014-07-03  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

These rules are not enforced by the object manager, but does restorecon
read these?

Also what's the effect of these statements on SELinux aware applications?

Are there tools to list these statements? I didn't find anything in
sesearch man page, and seinfo is silent on this.

* Re: Enforcing default_user, default_role, default_type, default_range
@ 2014-07-03  9:44 ` Daniel J Walsh
From: Daniel J Walsh @ 2014-07-03  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dE, selinux

On 07/03/2014 01:26 AM, dE wrote:
> These rules are not enforced by the object manager, but does
> restorecon read these?
No.  restorecon and other labeling tools just read the fcontext files.

> Also what's the effect of these statements on SELinux aware applications?

Most likely nothing.

@ 2014-07-03 11:19   ` Richard Haines
From: Richard Haines @ 2014-07-03 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel J Walsh, dE; +Cc: selinux

>>  These rules are not enforced by the object manager, but does
>>  restorecon read these?
> No.  restorecon and other labeling tools just read the fcontext files.
>>
>>  Also what's the effect of these statements on SELinux aware
> applications?
>>
> Most likely nothing.
>>  Are there tools to list these statements? I didn't find anything in
>>  sesearch man page, and seinfo is silent on this.
>>  ________________
> Probably not.  seinfo/sesearch have not been updated to handle them

There is an updated version of APOL that will show these plus all other rules to
policy version 29.
You can either built it from:
https://github.com/TresysTechnology/setools3.git
or:
https://github.com/QuarkSecurity/setools

Or download the rpms from:
https://quarksecurity.com/files/RPMS/

@ 2014-07-03 14:20     ` Richard Haines
From: Richard Haines @ 2014-07-03 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dE; +Cc: selinux

>>>   These rules are not enforced by the object manager, but does
>>>   restorecon read these?
>>  No.  restorecon and other labeling tools just read the fcontext files.
>>>
>>>   Also what's the effect of these statements on SELinux aware
>>  applications?

The SELinux Notebook section 2.10 - Computing Security Contexts attemps to
explain labeling using these and other rules for SELinux-aware apps.
For the next edition I've a few minor corrections - the CIL statement names
have changed and security_compute_member always defaults to using the
tcon user.

The book is available from:
http://www.freetechbooks.com/the-selinux-notebook-the-foundations-t785.html
If you find any errors or want any clarifications let me know as I'm working
on the next version (for release one day - but not sure when).

@ 2014-07-05 10:42   ` dE
From: dE @ 2014-07-05 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

On 07/03/14 15:14, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 07/03/2014 01:26 AM, dE wrote:
>> These rules are not enforced by the object manager, but does
>> restorecon read these?
> No.  restorecon and other labeling tools just read the fcontext files.
>> Also what's the effect of these statements on SELinux aware applications?
>>
> Most likely nothing.
>> Are there tools to list these statements? I didn't find anything in
>> sesearch man page, and seinfo is silent on this.
>> To get help, send an email containing "help" to
>> Selinux-request@tycho.nsa.gov.

Thanks for clarifying.

* Re: Enforcing default_user, default_role, default_type, default_range
@ 2014-07-05 10:43     ` dE
From: dE @ 2014-07-05 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

On 07/03/14 16:49, Richard Haines wrote:

> [...]

Graphical tools only?