* Add recipe to openembedded, adjust layer
       [not found] <CAL0pqZ0w0qmwPUhtEOfc6DCMggH6t_ELWOxhpWPSCxETta-u9A@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2014-07-30 17:53 ` Leah
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Leah @ 2014-07-30 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

I have a recipe - cyassl_3.1.0.bb, a lightweight ssl library that I would
like to add to openembedded. I am not sure as to the best location, perhaps
recipes-connectivity? Do I need to submit this recipe the same way I would
submit a layer?

Also, is there a way to edit my current layer's information(meta-wolfssl)
on the openembedded layer index?

Thanks,

Leah

--

Leah Thompson
www.wolfssl.com

--

Leah Thompson
www.wolfssl.com

* Re: Add recipe to openembedded, adjust layer
@ 2014-07-30 18:07   ` Saul Wold
From: Saul Wold @ 2014-07-30 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leah, openembedded-core

On 07/30/2014 10:53 AM, Leah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a recipe - cyassl_3.1.0.bb, a lightweight ssl library that I would
> like to add to openembedded. I am not sure as to the best location, perhaps
> recipes-connectivity? Do I need to submit this recipe the same way I would
> submit a layer?

THis might be better suited for the meta-openembedded collection of
layers, possibly under meta-networking, you can send it to the
openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org list as a patch.

> Also, is there a way to edit my current layer's information(meta-wolfssl)
> on the openembedded layer index?

It appears that Chris Conlon has already submitted meta-wolfssl, see

http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layer/meta-wolfssl/

Sau!

@ 2014-07-30 18:09   ` Mark Hatle
From: Mark Hatle @ 2014-07-30 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leah, openembedded-core

On 7/30/14, 12:53 PM, Leah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a recipe - cyassl_3.1.0.bb <http://cyassl_3.1.0.bb>, a lightweight ssl
> library that I would like to add to openembedded. I am not sure as to the best
> location, perhaps recipes-connectivity? Do I need to submit this recipe the same
> way I would submit a layer?

Usually we say meta-oe first -- unless the item shows a significant reason to be
in oe-core.  (The gating factor for oe-core is it really does need to be a core
piece of functionality, and something the maintainers are willing to promise to
fix if it brakes.  Due to limited resources, it's currently difficult for any of
the maintainers to promise that.. thus meta-oe first.)

> Also, is there a way to edit my current layer's information(meta-wolfssl) on the
> openembedded layer index?

A number of us have access to edit the layer information (myself included).
Feel free to send me an email with the edits.

--Mark

@ 2014-07-31  9:05   ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2014-07-31  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leah; +Cc: openembedded-core

Hi Leah,

On Wednesday 30 July 2014 11:53:34 Leah wrote:
> I have a recipe - cyassl_3.1.0.bb, a lightweight ssl library that I would
> like to add to openembedded. I am not sure as to the best location, perhaps
> recipes-connectivity? Do I need to submit this recipe the same way I would
> submit a layer?
>
> Also, is there a way to edit my current layer's information(meta-wolfssl)
> on the openembedded layer index?

You can edit a layer's information if you are a maintainer of that layer; you
simply create an account with the same email address as in the maintainer
entry and then once logged in there will be an edit button on the top right of
the layer index page.

Alternatively we're happy to make edits on request (including adding /
replacing maintainers) if needed.

Cheers,
Paul

--