* Debugging sepolgen-ifgen?
@ 2014-08-02 19:19 Sven Vermeulen
From: Sven Vermeulen @ 2014-08-02 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

Hi all

I've noticed that on my system, for some interfaces, the results in
/var/lib/sepolgen/interface_info are missing file-specific feedback.

For instance, consider the kernel_rw_kernel_sysctl() interface, which is
coded as follows:

interface(`kernel_rw_kernel_sysctl',`
        gen_require(`
                type proc_t, sysctl_t, sysctl_kernel_t;
        ')

        rw_files_pattern($1, { proc_t sysctl_t sysctl_kernel_t }, sysctl_kernel_t)

        list_dirs_pattern($1, { proc_t sysctl_t }, sysctl_kernel_t)
')

In the interface_info file, I only find the following metadata about this
interface:

[InterfaceVector kernel_rw_kernel_sysctl $1:source ]
$1,sysctl_t,dir,getattr,open,search
$1,sysctl_kernel_t,dir,getattr,open,search
$1,proc_t,dir,getattr,open,search

Shouldn't this at least contain something like this?

$1,sysctl_kernel_t,file,write,getattr,lock,open,ioctl,append

Although not critical, it does result in audit2allow -R to not use
refpolicy-style interfaces when possible...

How can I debug this? I know the file is generated by sepolgen-ifgen, but
rerunning doesn't add in any file-related metadata and I'm totally oblivious
on how the parsing is done...

Wkr,
	Sven Vermeulen