* Power consumption measurements for ARM
@ 2014-08-12  8:20 taeung
From: taeung @ 2014-08-12  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-perf-users

Hi, perf hackers

I have other question.
As I know, perf also supports RAPL(running average power limit )
for power consumption measurements.

And as I understand, the amount of power consumption is estimated
by using hardware performance counters and I/O models (sure, in
availableintel CPUs).

And I've not found power consumption measurements for ARM (likeCortex-A9)
except for using tools like ARM Energy Probes and Linux EAPTools.

But as I know , The Cortex-A9 Core Platform has dynamic scaling
ofvoltage and frequency.
(Dynamic Voltage and Frequency Scaling (DVFS))

Have you ever tried to measure power consumption on ARM using thingslike
DVFS?

and I also wonder how to use perf to measure power consumption on
available intel CPU.

- Taeung -

* Re: Power consumption measurements for ARM
@ 2014-08-13  4:41 ` Namhyung Kim
From: Namhyung Kim @ 2014-08-13  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: taeung; +Cc: linux-perf-users

Hi taeung,

You may want to look at powertop - see https://01.org/powertop .

> and I also wonder how to use perf to measure power consumption on
> available intel CPU.

Please check https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/11/12/393 .

Thanksm,
Namhyung