* [U-Boot] Confusion when starting storage subsystems
@ 2014-08-12  6:35 Alexander Holler
From: Alexander Holler @ 2014-08-12  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

It would make me wonder if nobody else noticed it, but having to use

sata init
usb start
mmc rescan

to initialize storage subsystems isn't very convenient (or orthogonal in
a more knowledgable looking speak). ;)

I don't know the reasons, but I remember that the mmc command to init
the subsystem already changed at least once. So there must have been
already some thoughts or discussions about that topic.

Regards,

Alexander Holler

* [U-Boot] Confusion when starting storage subsystems
@ 2014-08-12  8:41 ` Igor Grinberg
From: Igor Grinberg @ 2014-08-12  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 08/12/14 09:35, Alexander Holler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It would make me wonder if nobody else noticed it, but having to use
>
> sata init
> usb start
> mmc rescan
>
> to initialize storage subsystems isn't very convenient (or orthogonal in a more knowledgable looking speak). ;)

Yep, I agree on this one.
I'd really like to see some common command set + storage specific
enhancements (if needed).

> I don't know the reasons, but I remember that the mmc command to init the subsystem already changed at least once. So there must have been already some thoughts or discussions about that topic.

+1

Igor.