* i.MX6 VPU in yocto firefox
@ 2014-08-13  4:18 Zhen Cong Tee
From: Zhen Cong Tee @ 2014-08-13  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Greetings,
May i know how can I integrate the VPU decoder into the firefox brower?
I am using Yocto build on i.MX6dl SabreSD board.
I manage to integrate the firefox browser in the image already. But when i wanted to run some video in the browser, it is not supported.
When i run the below page:
http://www.youtube.com/html5
The h.264 and VP8 is not ticked.

I am able to run h.264 and VP8 video in gstreamer and I did a little background survey on firefox. From page below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Firefox
I found out that firefox only support gstreamer starting version 14.
From the meta-browser, the firefox version that is available in yocto is 10.0.11esr.
May i know how can i upgrade the yocto firefox to version 14 to test out the gstreamer?

Thank you.

Regards,
Zhen Cong Tee
________________________________
This electronic message, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or company named above or to which it is addressed. The information contained in this message shall be considered confidential and proprietary, and may include confidential work product. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email immediately.

* Re: i.MX6 VPU in yocto firefox
@ 2014-08-20 18:10 ` Angolini Daiane-b19406
From: Angolini Daiane-b19406 @ 2014-08-20 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhen Cong Tee, meta-freescale, jim.kenney

On 13-08-2014 01:18, Zhen Cong Tee wrote:
> Greetings,
> May i know how can I integrate the VPU decoder into the firefox brower?
> I am using Yocto build on i.MX6dl SabreSD board.
> I manage to integrate the firefox browser in the image already. But when i wanted to run some video in the browser, it is not supported.
> When i run the below page:
> http://www.youtube.com/html5
> The h.264 and VP8 is not ticked.
>
> I am able to run h.264 and VP8 video in gstreamer and I did a little background survey on firefox. From page below:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Firefox
> I found out that firefox only support gstreamer starting version 14.
>  From the meta-browser, the firefox version that is available in yocto is 10.0.11esr.
> May i know how can i upgrade the yocto firefox to version 14 to test out the gstreamer?

The mailing list for this project is [1], please see how to contribute
here [2].

The upgrade path would be bump the recipe version (in the recipe file
name) and look for any package differences between the version.
Theoretically, it's a simple task. However, you may find some changes
during this tests.

And, instead of upgrading it to 14, you must make sure what is the
latest release for Firefox before you work on this. I'm not sure
meta-browser would accept 14 if there is a newer version.

Another way would be testing Chrome [3] instead. I remember someone from
ML has already reported success for this package on VPU integration regards.

[1] openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org
[2] https://github.com/OSSystems/meta-browser/blob/master/README
[3]
https://github.com/OSSystems/meta-browser/blob/master/recipes-browser/chromium/chromium_37.0.2062.0.bb

Regards,
Daiane

@ 2014-08-20 18:43   ` Carlos Rafael Giani
From: Carlos Rafael Giani @ 2014-08-20 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

On 08/20/2014 08:10 PM, Angolini Daiane-b19406 wrote:

> Another way would be testing Chrome [3] instead. I remember someone
> from ML has already reported success for this package on VPU
> integration regards.
>

> [1] openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org
> [2] https://github.com/OSSystems/meta-browser/blob/master/README
> [3]
> https://github.com/OSSystems/meta-browser/blob/master/recipes-browser/chromium/chromium_37.0.2062.0.bb

Yes, I will post the patches for this here in a few days.

* i.MX6 VPU in yocto firefox
@ 2014-08-25  1:06 Zhen Cong Tee
From: Zhen Cong Tee @ 2014-08-25  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel