* remus suspend event channel in pvops kernel
@ 2014-08-20 16:29 Ian Campbell
From: Ian Campbell @ 2014-08-20 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shriram Rajagopalan, Yang Hongyang; +Cc: xen-devel

Hi,

At the dev meeting some folks were going through
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenParavirtOps#Upstream_delta_details which
includes "Suspend event channel support for faster checkpointing in
Remus FT". We weren't sure if that was ever implemented for the pvops
kernel, but we think not. I said I would highlight it to you guys in case
it isn't already on your roadmap.

Ian.

* Re: remus suspend event channel in pvops kernel
@ 2014-08-21  8:07 ` Hongyang Yang
From: Hongyang Yang @ 2014-08-21  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Campbell, Shriram Rajagopalan; +Cc: xen-devel

Hi Ian,

   I remember Shriram has implemented it few years ago. It's
already in upstream Xen.

refer to:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Remus_PV_domU_requirements

在 08/21/2014 12:29 AM, Ian Campbell 写道:
> Hi,
>
> At the dev meeting some folks were going through
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenParavirtOps#Upstream_delta_details which
> includes "Suspend event channel support for faster checkpointing in
> Remus FT". We weren't sure if that was ever implemented for the pvops
> kernel, but we think not. I said I would highlight it to you guys in case
> it isn't already on your roadmap.
>
> Ian.
>

> .

Yang.

* Re: remus suspend event channel in pvops kernel
@ 2014-08-21 11:23   ` Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2014-08-21 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hongyang Yang; +Cc: Shriram Rajagopalan, wei.liu2, Ian Campbell, xen-devel

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 04:07:03PM +0800, Hongyang Yang wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
>   I remember Shriram has implemented it few years ago. It's
> already in upstream Xen.
>
> refer to:
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Remus_PV_domU_requirements

FYI Ian was talking about upstream Linux kernel, not upstream Xen.

And I think that wiki page concurs with what Ian said -- it's not yet in
upstream Linux kernel.

Wei.

* Re: remus suspend event channel in pvops kernel
@ 2014-08-21 17:20     ` Ian Campbell
From: Ian Campbell @ 2014-08-21 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei Liu; +Cc: Shriram Rajagopalan, Hongyang Yang, xen-devel

On Thu, 2014-08-21 at 12:23 +0100, Wei Liu wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 04:07:03PM +0800, Hongyang Yang wrote:
> > Hi Ian,
> >
> >   I remember Shriram has implemented it few years ago. It's
> > already in upstream Xen.
> >
> > refer to:
> > http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Remus_PV_domU_requirements
> >

> FYI Ian was talking about upstream Linux kernel, not upstream Xen.

Correct.