* Re: Broadcom 43241b4-sdio NVRAM help request
       [not found] <CAA1t8Su1N6vCCnFgJ3hgWXptFC0arSWqE67REWsnWtO9LcrrrQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2014-08-26  8:51 ` Arend van Spriel
From: Arend van Spriel @ 2014-08-26  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brain WrecK; +Cc: brcm80211 development, linux-wireless

On 08/24/14 10:06, Brain WrecK wrote:
> Hello Sir
>
> I am writing this request to ask for your aid, we have been tryng to get
> ubuntu 14.10 to run on an ASUS T100TA tablet and we are having wifi issues
>
> I am appealing to you and to ask for your help as i have been trying for
> weeks to get this wifi working stable, i have been trying to modify the
> NVRAM file to get a stable connection so we can have decent working
> internet on this tablet to enjoy the Linux experience. right now
> currently we can download in the range of 600 bytes/sec to maybe 10kb/sec
>
> We are unable to connect with the current NVRAM file provided from the
> NVRAM file unless we put our current MAC address for our wifi card in
> the brcmfmac43241b4-sdio.txt
>
> and once we do that we are able to connect but we get frequent
> disconnects and very very slow download rates...
>
> I have pulled the NVRAM from the efivars in sys/firmware/efivars and
> have attached it for you is there perhaps an updated file that will
> work, or would you be able to help us and create a new or provide a
> current NVRAM File?
>
> Also the firmware that is provided for us is dated july 17th 2013 is
> there an updated linux firmware that we can use for this device that
> perhaps would have an updated NVRAM file to go with it?
>
> I have attached the firmware that is provided for us as well for your
> reference
>
> I am sure you are a busy person and we in the linux community would love
> to be rid of windows and enjoy the linux experience, could you, would
> you lend us your aid?

Hi Brian,

Sure I can try to be somewhat helpful. I am currently on vacation and
rain is pouring down in buckets.

The nvram that is in EFI should be the perfect fit for the device. Maybe
you can provide some more background info. Are you using stock ubuntu
kernel. What kernel version is running? Can you boot the kernel with
'debug ignore_loglevel' parameters, load the brcmfmac driver with
'debug=0xd416', and send me the full kernel log.

Regards,
Arend

* Re: Broadcom 43241b4-sdio NVRAM help request
       [not found]   ` <CAA1t8SsAE4F=W4Tu+7bgLJ-oaXmBmtwv_xYMDe4GYxu0CdjQMA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2014-08-29 14:18     ` Arend van Spriel
From: Arend van Spriel @ 2014-08-29 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brain WrecK; +Cc: brcm80211 development, linux-wireless

On 08/29/14 06:51, Brain WrecK wrote:
> sorry to keep sending you logs, but this one is complete from
> deactivating to reactivating with the debug, want to make sure you have
> all the info you need
>
> let me know if you need anything else

Please keep replying to all (including Cc:).

Did you disable runtime-pm for the mmc host controller with bcm43241
device. From your log I see the driver tells the firmware to join
"BRAINNET 1" but wpa_supplicant times out after 10 seconds. I suspect
the host controller went in runtime suspend so the connect events from
the firmware are not processed until wpa_supplicant gives up and host
initiates interaction with the device.

The controller should be somewhere under
/sys/bus/acpi/drivers/sdhci-acpi/. If you have the correct controller
there is a power subfolder. Check the control file:

$ cat control

If it says auto, change it to 'on':

echo 'on' > control

When done, load brcmfmac.