* Running a teuthology workload depending on the distribution
@ 2014-08-31 10:33 Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2014-08-31 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zack Cerza; +Cc: Ceph Development

Hi Zack,

The isa erasure code plugin is only built on some architectures. The workload described at

https://github.com/ceph/ceph-qa-suite/blob/master/erasure-code/ec-rados-plugin%3Disa-k%3D2-m%3D1.yaml

can therefore only be run on those architectures. How would you recommend that it is integrated in the upgrade suites ? Adding it to

https://github.com/ceph/ceph-qa-suite/tree/master/suites/upgrade/firefly-x/stress-split/9-workload

for instance, at the same level as

https://github.com/ceph/ceph-qa-suite/blob/master/suites/upgrade/firefly-x/stress-split/9-workload/ec-rados-plugin%3Djerasure-k%3D3-m%3D1.yaml

will not work because it will fail when running on precise (for instance).

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre

* Re: Running a teuthology workload depending on the distribution
@ 2014-09-03 21:44 ` Zack Cerza
From: Zack Cerza @ 2014-09-03 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary; +Cc: Ceph Development

Hi Loic,

Sage recently filed these, which seem like they might help with what
you're asking.

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/9256
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/9255

I'll be getting to work on them relatively soon, just not quite yet.
In the meantime, would it be feasible to, say, make the relevant task
in the workload check for the presence of the plugin, and immediately
fail if it's not found? That way we can waive those failures, and have
them not use many more resources than necessary.

Zack

@ 2014-09-03 22:59   ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2014-09-03 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zack Cerza; +Cc: Ceph Development