* Rep Improvement
@ 2014-09-07 17:26 nick
From: nick @ 2014-09-07 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hey Guys,
I seem to be unable to read the list now :(. I am trying to improve my rep here and it seems impossible after
my ban. I would like to help out here and if anybody has any work, no matter how simple I would be glad to
do it.
Nick

* Rep Improvement
@ 2014-09-07 18:06 ` Hugo Mills
From: Hugo Mills @ 2014-09-07 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Sun, Sep 07, 2014 at 01:26:20PM -0400, nick wrote:
> Hey Guys,
> I seem to be unable to read the list now :(.

   Assuming you're talking about the linux-kernel list, you've
probably been unsubbed by the mailing list software on vger. It does
this if it gets too many errors from your mail server. This can happen
with even a short transient outage that you wouldn't otherwise notice
-- the list software has something of a hair trigger on these matters.
It happens to everyone at some point...

   I would suggest simply resubscribing, and only start worrying about
it if you can't resubscribe.

   Hugo.

> I am trying to improve my rep here and it seems impossible after
> my ban. I would like to help out here and if anybody has any work, no matter how simple I would be glad to
> do it.
> Nick

=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
  PGP key: 65E74AC0 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
       --- A cross? Oy vey, have you picked the wrong vampire! ---
On Sun, Sep 07, 2014 at 07:06:37PM +0100, Hugo Mills wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 07, 2014 at 01:26:20PM -0400, nick wrote:
> > Hey Guys,
> > I seem to be unable to read the list now :(.
>
>    Assuming you're talking about the linux-kernel list, you've
> probably been unsubbed by the mailing list software on vger. It does
> this if it gets too many errors from your mail server. This can happen
> with even a short transient outage that you wouldn't otherwise notice
> -- the list software has something of a hair trigger on these matters.
> It happens to everyone at some point...
>
>    I would suggest simply resubscribing, and only start worrying about
> it if you can't resubscribe.

He was banned.

--
Carlo Caione

* Rep Improvement
@ 2014-09-07 19:02     ` Hugo Mills
From: Hugo Mills @ 2014-09-07 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Sun, Sep 07, 2014 at 08:53:47PM +0200, Carlo Caione wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 07, 2014 at 07:06:37PM +0100, Hugo Mills wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 07, 2014 at 01:26:20PM -0400, nick wrote:
> > > Hey Guys,
> > > I seem to be unable to read the list now :(.
> >
> >    Assuming you're talking about the linux-kernel list, you've
> > probably been unsubbed by the mailing list software on vger. It does
> > this if it gets too many errors from your mail server. This can happen
> > with even a short transient outage that you wouldn't otherwise notice
> > -- the list software has something of a hair trigger on these matters.
> > It happens to everyone at some point...
> >
> >    I would suggest simply resubscribing, and only start worrying about
> > it if you can't resubscribe.
>
> He was banned.

   From posting, yes. But from reading as well?

   Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
  PGP key: 65E74AC0 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
       --- Great oxymorons of the world, no. 6: Mature Student ---
> On Sun, Sep 07, 2014 at 01:26:20PM -0400, nick wrote:
>> Hey Guys,
>> I seem to be unable to read the list now :(.
>
>    Assuming you're talking about the linux-kernel list, you've
> probably been unsubbed by the mailing list software on vger. It does
> this if it gets too many errors from your mail server. This can happen
> with even a short transient outage that you wouldn't otherwise notice
> -- the list software has something of a hair trigger on these matters.
> It happens to everyone at some point...
>
>    I would suggest simply resubscribing, and only start worrying about
> it if you can't resubscribe.
>
>    Hugo.
>
>> I am trying to improve my rep here and it seems impossible after
>> my ban. I would like to help out here and if anybody has any work, no matter how simple I would be glad to
>> do it.
>> Nick

I can't resubscribe as I am banned from mailing anything to vger.
If someone can talk to the others about letting me back on with
a agreement of if I fuck up in terms of not build testing or
running checkpatch on my code I am banned permanently on this
email.
Nick