* Building own kernel instead of taking from git
@ 2014-09-08  4:21 jags gediya
From: jags gediya @ 2014-09-08  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale, yocto

I want to build my kernel source code in yocto. For that i have
modified the required linux-imx.inc file.

Inside that i have given kernel source directory in SRC_URI and S variable.

Is this approach fine, or is there any better solution i can get?

* Re: Building own kernel instead of taking from git
@ 2014-09-08  5:25   ` Sven Ebenfeld
From: Sven Ebenfeld @ 2014-09-08  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jags gediya, meta-freescale, yocto

Am 08.09.2014 06:21, schrieb jags gediya:
> I want to build my kernel source code in yocto. For that i have
> modified the required linux-imx.inc file.
>
> Inside that i have given kernel source directory in SRC_URI and S variable.
>
> Is this approach fine, or is there any better solution i can get?

I would always create my own layer and add a .bbappend for the
kernel-recipe I want to modify. There you could of course change the
SRC_URI and S variable but you could also provide your changes to
linux-imx.inc as a patch.

Then you could manage your changes to this layer via git. And you don't
lose the opportunity to pull changes from the remote repositories
without destroying your own changes.

* Re: [yocto] Building own kernel instead of taking from git
@ 2014-09-08  5:25   ` Sven Ebenfeld
From: Sven Ebenfeld @ 2014-09-08  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jags gediya, meta-freescale, yocto

@ 2014-09-08  9:37 ` Richard Leitner