* IRIX support removal from the GNU toolchain
@ 2014-09-10 23:16 Maciej W. Rozycki
From: Maciej W. Rozycki @ 2014-09-10 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mips

Everyone --

 Just to raise your attention, IRIX support removal is being discussed
across GNU toolchain mailing lists right now with the likely outcome of a
go-ahead very soon, especially as support for the OS itself has been
recently withdrawn by SGI and also toolchain maintainers have no access to
IRIX machines anymore.  So if there's anyone among you who in addition to
being keen on Linux for the MIPS platform is also an IRIX enthusiast and
would like to keep the platform alive in the GNU toolchain, now's about
time to speak up and step in as the maintainer.

  Maciej

* Re: IRIX support removal from the GNU toolchain
@ 2014-09-11  0:43 ` Joshua Kinard
From: Joshua Kinard @ 2014-09-11  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mips

On 09/10/2014 19:16, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> Everyone --
>
>  Just to raise your attention, IRIX support removal is being discussed
> across GNU toolchain mailing lists right now with the likely outcome of a
> go-ahead very soon, especially as support for the OS itself has been
> recently withdrawn by SGI and also toolchain maintainers have no access to
> IRIX machines anymore.  So if there's anyone among you who in addition to
> being keen on Linux for the MIPS platform is also an IRIX enthusiast and
> would like to keep the platform alive in the GNU toolchain, now's about
> time to speak up and step in as the maintainer.
>
>   Maciej

My understanding is that IRIX was already removed from gcc two years ago,
deprecated in 4.7 and removed in 4.8:

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2012-03/msg00067.html

Not sure about binutils -- links to the mailing lists in question?

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And our
lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic

* Re: IRIX support removal from the GNU toolchain
@ 2014-09-29  1:17   ` Maciej W. Rozycki
From: Maciej W. Rozycki @ 2014-09-29  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Kinard; +Cc: linux-mips

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014, Joshua Kinard wrote:

> My understanding is that IRIX was already removed from gcc two years ago,
> deprecated in 4.7 and removed in 4.8:
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2012-03/msg00067.html
>
> Not sure about binutils -- links to the mailing lists in question?

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-09/msg00040.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2014-09/msg00041.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2014-09/msg00065.html

-- and messages downthread.