* [Qemu-devel] vmw_pvscsi: QEMU stuck in SeaBIOS when pvscsi is enabled
@ 2014-09-16 14:25 Igor Mammedov
From: Igor Mammedov @ 2014-09-16 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dmitry; +Cc: pbonzini, qemu-devel

Current master cc35a44cf7b522b,

QEMU is not able to boot an stuck in SeaBIOS (only SeaBIOS version was printed)
when started with "-device pvscsi" CLI option.

I've used following CLI in my test case:
qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 1024 -snapshot -monitor stdio  -device pvscsi,id=pvscsi -drive if=none,id=fc,file=fc18x64 -device scsi-disk,drive=fc,bus=pvscsi.0

* Re: [Qemu-devel] vmw_pvscsi: QEMU stuck in SeaBIOS when pvscsi is enabled
@ 2014-09-16 14:33 ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2014-09-16 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Igor Mammedov, dmitry; +Cc: asias, qemu-devel

Il 16/09/2014 16:25, Igor Mammedov ha scritto:
> Current master cc35a44cf7b522b,
>
> QEMU is not able to boot an stuck in SeaBIOS (only SeaBIOS version was printed)
> when started with "-device pvscsi" CLI option.
>
> I've used following CLI in my test case:
> qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 1024 -snapshot -monitor stdio  -device pvscsi,id=pvscsi -drive if=none,id=fc,file=fc18x64 -device scsi-disk,drive=fc,bus=pvscsi.0

Asias, we talked about this a few months ago I think?  Did you ever
debug it?

Paolo

* Re: [Qemu-devel] vmw_pvscsi: QEMU stuck in SeaBIOS when pvscsi is enabled
@ 2014-09-16 23:12   ` Asias He
From: Asias He @ 2014-09-16 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: Dmitry Fleytman, Igor Mammedov, qemu-devel

Hello Paolo,

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 10:33 PM, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:

> Il 16/09/2014 16:25, Igor Mammedov ha scritto:
> > Current master cc35a44cf7b522b,
> >
> > QEMU is not able to boot an stuck in SeaBIOS (only SeaBIOS version was
> printed)
> > when started with "-device pvscsi" CLI option.
> >
> > I've used following CLI in my test case:
> > qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 1024 -snapshot -monitor stdio  -device
> pvscsi,id=pvscsi -drive if=none,id=fc,file=fc18x64 -device
> scsi-disk,drive=fc,bus=pvscsi.0
>
> Asias, we talked about this a few months ago I think?  Did you ever
> debug it?

Last time I checked, I remember I could't compile the latest SeaBIOS and
pvscsi disk is able to attach as a non-boot disk. It is probably a SeaBIOS
bug.

--
Asias

* Re: [Qemu-devel] vmw_pvscsi: QEMU stuck in SeaBIOS when pvscsi is enabled
@ 2014-09-17  7:05     ` Igor Mammedov
From: Igor Mammedov @ 2014-09-17  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Asias He; +Cc: Dmitry Fleytman, Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014 07:12:42 +0800
Asias He <asias@cloudius-systems.com> wrote:

> Hello Paolo,
>

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 10:33 PM, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Il 16/09/2014 16:25, Igor Mammedov ha scritto:
> > > Current master cc35a44cf7b522b,
> > >
> > > QEMU is not able to boot an stuck in SeaBIOS (only SeaBIOS version was
> > printed)
> > > when started with "-device pvscsi" CLI option.
> > >
> > > I've used following CLI in my test case:
> > > qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 1024 -snapshot -monitor stdio  -device
> > pvscsi,id=pvscsi -drive if=none,id=fc,file=fc18x64 -device
> > scsi-disk,drive=fc,bus=pvscsi.0
> >
> > Asias, we talked about this a few months ago I think?  Did you ever
> > debug it?
>

> Last time I checked, I remember I could't compile the latest SeaBIOS and
> pvscsi disk is able to attach as a non-boot disk. It is probably a SeaBIOS
> bug.

Only this time QEMU is stuck with pvscsi as non-boot disk also,
it's sufficient for pvscsi controller to be present even without disk
to cause above issue.