* kernel integration branch updated
@ 2014-09-18 14:19 Chris Mason
From: Chris Mason @ 2014-09-18 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi everyone,

I've added a few more patches to the kernel integration branch, and
rebased onto rc5.  This should be my last rebase before sending into
linux-next, please take a look.

It's still missing three patches from Josef, which we're updating.  I
can put more patches on top, but I'd prefer not to rebase again unless
some patches need removing.

-chris

* Re: kernel integration branch updated
@ 2014-09-19  1:45 ` Qu Wenruo
From: Qu Wenruo @ 2014-09-19  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Mason, linux-btrfs

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry that the commit 'btrfs: Fix and enhance merge_extent_mapping()
to insert best fitted extent map'
has a V2 patch, so the one in tree is not up-to-data.

Although the v2 change is quite small and it's relevantly dependent, so
it should not be a pain change.

Thanks,
Qu

@ 2014-09-19  2:39   ` Miao Xie
From: Miao Xie @ 2014-09-19  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Qu Wenruo, Chris Mason, linux-btrfs

Chris

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 09:45:17 +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>

> I'm sorry that the commit 'btrfs: Fix and enhance merge_extent_mapping() to insert best fitted extent map'
> has a V2 patch, so the one in tree is not up-to-data.
>
> Although the v2 change is quite small and it's relevantly dependent, so it should not be a pain change.

I think it is better to merge it to v3.17 since it is a regression of v3.17 kernel

Thanks
Miao

@ 2014-09-19 13:07   ` Chris Mason
From: Chris Mason @ 2014-09-19 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Qu Wenruo, linux-btrfs

On 09/18/2014 09:45 PM, Qu Wenruo wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>

> I'm sorry that the commit 'btrfs: Fix and enhance merge_extent_mapping()
> to insert best fitted extent map'
> has a V2 patch, so the one in tree is not up-to-data.
>
> Although the v2 change is quite small and it's relevantly dependent, so
> it should not be a pain change.

Thanks, please send the v2 as an incremental.  We'll send both to stable.

-chris