* [Buildroot] qemu kvm
@ 2014-10-02 20:38 Stéphane ANCELOT
From: Stéphane ANCELOT @ 2014-10-02 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

Is it possible using buildroot to create a mini system that will launch a virtualized os ?

Regards,
Steph

* [Buildroot] qemu kvm
@ 2014-10-02 20:43 ` Yann E. MORIN
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2014-10-02 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

St?phane, All,

On 2014-10-02 22:38 +0200, St?phane ANCELOT spake thusly:
> Is it possible using buildroot to create a mini system that will launch
> a virtualized os ?

Yes.

See in the Buildroot source tree:
    board/qemu/

And the defconfig we have:
    make help |grep qemu

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

* [Buildroot] qemu kvm
@ 2014-10-03  7:38   ` Stéphane ANCELOT
From: Stéphane ANCELOT @ 2014-10-03  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Humm...not sure, maybe I have not understood or you have not understood :

I want to make a bootable buildroot system.

I can boot this buildroot system with the PC BIOS
when buildroot system is booter , I have got qemu available in it and I
can  launch another OS with this qemu.

is it right ?
Regards,
S.Ancelot

On 02/10/2014 22:43, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> St?phane, All,
>
> On 2014-10-02 22:38 +0200, St?phane ANCELOT spake thusly:
>> Is it possible using buildroot to create a mini system that will launch
>> a virtualized os ?
> Yes.
>
> See in the Buildroot source tree:
>      board/qemu/
>
> And the defconfig we have:
>      make help |grep qemu
>
> Regards,
> Yann E. MORIN.

* [Buildroot] qemu kvm
@ 2014-10-03 15:56     ` Yann E. MORIN
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2014-10-03 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

St?phane, All,

On 2014-10-03 09:38 +0200, St?phane ANCELOT spake thusly:
> Humm...not sure, maybe I have not understood or you have not understood :
>
> I want to make a bootable buildroot system.
>
> I can boot this buildroot system with the PC BIOS
> when buildroot system is booter , I have got qemu available in it and I can
> launch another OS with this qemu.

Ah, so you want QEMU on the target.

We do not have a QEMU package for the target for now. I have a (pretty
large) patch series that adds it, but it has been lingering for about
two years now.

I am about to respin it in the coming days (hopefully before the end of
the week end).

You can searrch the ML archives for the last time it was submitted
(hint: quite a long time ago).

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.