* SELinux Userspace Release: 20140826-rc4
@ 2014-10-07 13:18 Steve Lawrence
From: Steve Lawrence @ 2014-10-07 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SELinux List

The fourth release candidate for the next release of SELinux Userspace
[1] is now available. The tarballs have been built and can be downloaded
from the Releases wiki page [2]. Changes since rc2 include:

- fixes to pp2cil to fix bugs with roles, filecon, and some conditionals
- updates to CIL to properly handle disabling of optionals
- improve support for building with different versions of python
- updates/bug fixes to remove warnings when using hardened gcc flags
- fix compilation failure in mcstrans
- man page updates

As with the previous rc, action after installing the release candidate
is required to migrate the policy store from /etc/selinux to
/var/lib/selinux. Detailed information about this process can be found
on the Policy Store Migration wiki page [3].

Note that changes to checkpolicy have been made as part of rc4, and so
it is now included in the release candidate.

Also, note that although git tags for rc3 were created, rc3 was never
officially released and was never made available, hence the skipping
from rc2 to rc4.

Please give this a test and let us know if you find any problems.

Thanks,
- Steve

[1] https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux
[2] https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/wiki/Releases
[3] https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/wiki/Policy-Store-Migration

* Re: SELinux Userspace Release: 20140826-rc4
@ 2014-10-07 17:56 ` Sven Vermeulen
From: Sven Vermeulen @ 2014-10-07 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SELinux

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Steve Lawrence <slawrence@tresys.com> wrote:
> The fourth release candidate for the next release of SELinux Userspace
> [1] is now available. The tarballs have been built and can be downloaded
> from the Releases wiki page [2]. Changes since rc2 include:
[...]
> [1] https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux
> [2] https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/wiki/Releases
> [3] https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/wiki/Policy-Store-Migration

The links on the Releases page do not work. It seems that the files
are still in the 20140826 folder instead of the 20141006 one (which is
the folder used by the links in the Releases page).

Wkr,
  Sven Vermeulen

* Re: SELinux Userspace Release: 20140826-rc4
@ 2014-10-07 18:21   ` Steve Lawrence
From: Steve Lawrence @ 2014-10-07 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sven Vermeulen, SELinux

On 10/07/2014 01:56 PM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Steve Lawrence <slawrence@tresys.com> wrote:
>> The fourth release candidate for the next release of SELinux Userspace
>> [1] is now available. The tarballs have been built and can be downloaded
>> from the Releases wiki page [2]. Changes since rc2 include:
> [...]
>> [1] https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux
>> [2] https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/wiki/Releases
>> [3] https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/wiki/Policy-Store-Migration
>
> The links on the Releases page do not work. It seems that the files
> are still in the 20140826 folder instead of the 20141006 one (which is
> the folder used by the links in the Releases page).

Thanks. The links have been fixed.

- Steve

* Re: SELinux Userspace Release: 20140826-rc4
@ 2014-10-07 18:57 ` Sven Vermeulen
From: Sven Vermeulen @ 2014-10-07 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SELinux

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Steve Lawrence <slawrence@tresys.com> wrote:
> The fourth release candidate for the next release of SELinux Userspace
> [1] is now available. The tarballs have been built and can be downloaded
> from the Releases wiki page [2]. Changes since rc2 include:
[...]
> Please give this a test and let us know if you find any problems.

The migration now finished with returncode 0. I did have a warning
during the migration but if I recall correctly it was already
mentioned on the list:

Attempting to rebuild policy from /var/lib/selinux
sysnetwork: Warning: 'else' blocks in optional statements are
unsupported in CIL. Dropping from output.

Things seem to work well. I removed the /etc/selinux/mcs/modules
location to be certain. I'll do some more intensified testing later
and get back to you guys (just wanted to confirm that the previously
reported error was fixed).

Wkr,
  Sven Vermeulen

* Re: SELinux Userspace Release: 20140826-rc4
@ 2014-10-08 12:25   ` Steve Lawrence
From: Steve Lawrence @ 2014-10-08 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sven Vermeulen, SELinux

On 10/07/2014 02:57 PM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Steve Lawrence <slawrence@tresys.com> wrote:
>> The fourth release candidate for the next release of SELinux Userspace
>> [1] is now available. The tarballs have been built and can be downloaded
>> from the Releases wiki page [2]. Changes since rc2 include:
> [...]
>> Please give this a test and let us know if you find any problems.
>
> The migration now finished with returncode 0. I did have a warning
> during the migration but if I recall correctly it was already
> mentioned on the list:
>
> Attempting to rebuild policy from /var/lib/selinux
> sysnetwork: Warning: 'else' blocks in optional statements are
> unsupported in CIL. Dropping from output.
>
> Things seem to work well. I removed the /etc/selinux/mcs/modules
> location to be certain. I'll do some more intensified testing later
> and get back to you guys (just wanted to confirm that the previously
> reported error was fixed).

Good to hear! And you are correct, the warning message is expected.

Thanks,
- Steve