* [Qemu-devel] [Consult] microblaze: About running upstream main branch qemu
@ 2014-10-19 13:37 Chen Gang
From: Chen Gang @ 2014-10-19 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell, linux, rth, qemu-devel

Hello microblaze maintainers:

I tried to run upstream qemu for microblaze, but failed. It seems only
special qemu branch can run it. And after try Xilinx qemu branch, I got
"segment fault" which is related with "-dtb".  So I want to consult:

 - Can our main upstream qemu (not other branches) run microblaze?

 - Is what I have done for Xilinx related qemu correct?

The related operation for Xilinx related qemu is below:

 * For kernel:

   - building:

     git clone https://github.com/Xilinx/linux-xlnx.git
     cd linux-xlnx
     make ARCH=microblaze CROSS_COMPILE=/upstream/release/bin/microblaze-gchen-linux- mmu_config
     make ARCH=microblaze CROSS_COMPILE=/upstream/release/bin/microblaze-gchen-linux-

   - output:

     arch/microblaze/boot/linux.bin
     scripts/dtc/dtc

   - get 'system.dtb':

     ./scripts/dtc/dtc -I dts -O dtb -o system.dtb arch/microblaze/boot/dts/system.dts

 * For ramdisk:

   wget http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/file/view/microblaze_complete.cpio.gz/419243588/microblaze_complete.cpio.gz

 * For qemu:

   - building:

     git clone git://github.com/Xilinx/qemu.git
     ./configure --target-list="arm-softmmu,microblazeel-softmmu" --enable-fdt --disable-kvm
     make

   - running:

     ./arm-softmmu/qemu-system-arm -M arm-generic-fdt -nographic -smp 2 -machine linux=on -serial mon:stdio -dtb ../linux-xlnx/system.dtb \
       -kernel ../linux-xlnx/arch/microblaze/boot/linux.bin -initrd ../microblaze_complete.cpio.gz

   - result:

     Segmentation fault (core dumped) (after a simple try, I am sure, it is caused by "dtb").

And excuse me, at present, I have to only focus on fixing upstream qemu
issues (I have no enough time resource for other qemu branches), please
understand.

Thanks.
--
Chen Gang

Open, share, and attitude like air, water, and life which God blessed

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [Consult] microblaze: About running upstream main branch qemu
@ 2014-10-19 23:38 Chen Gang
From: Chen Gang @ 2014-10-19 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guenter Roeck; +Cc: Max Filippov, qemu-devel, Peter Maydell

OK, thanks, I shall try it within 2 days.

Send from Lenovo A788t.

@ 2014-10-22  0:28 Chen Gang
From: Chen Gang @ 2014-10-22  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guenter Roeck; +Cc: Max Filippov, qemu-devel, Peter Maydell

OK, thanks, there are multiple branches in upstream qemu. Sorry
for my original said, and I can only say: for upstream  develop
master branch, it does not support microblaze.

Excuse me, I does not mainly focus on only using qemu, and I
also found another easier way for test microblaze toolchain (use sim of binutils). So next, I will mainly focus on sim.

I also met some issues for sim, but I guess, I can analyze it,
maybe also have chances to make patch for it (that is the main
reason why I want to focus on it).

Thanks.