* HID Over GATT
@ 2015-03-25  2:25 Prabhu Chawandi
From: Prabhu Chawandi @ 2015-03-25  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi All,

  Can any one help me understand, how can I use the
sample/uhid/uhid-sample.c . I have built and ran it I dint get what it
is doing?

With 5.28 there is no hidd daemon is there any alternative for that.
I want my BT LE KBD and Mouse to be paired and connected to my
embedded device not the Desktop linux.

Your inputs will be very helpful

ManyThanks,
Prabhu

* Re: HID Over GATT
@ 2015-03-25  7:58 ` Szymon Janc
From: Szymon Janc @ 2015-03-25  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Prabhu Chawandi; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi,

On Wednesday 25 of March 2015 07:55:17 Prabhu Chawandi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   Can any one help me understand, how can I use the
> sample/uhid/uhid-sample.c . I have built and ran it I dint get what it
> is doing?

You don't need to run this.

> With 5.28 there is no hidd daemon is there any alternative for that.
> I want my BT LE KBD and Mouse to be paired and connected to my
> embedded device not the Desktop linux.
>
> Your inputs will be very helpful

HoG is handled by bluetoothd. Just pair with device and bluetoothd will take
care of the rest.

so:
make sure bluetoothd is running

start bluetoothctl: