* [Xenomai] Troubles with the mailing list
@ 2014-12-22 10:22 Daniele Nicolodi
From: Daniele Nicolodi @ 2014-12-22 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hello,

it seems that the mail server handling the mailing list has changed IP,
or the DNS record for that IP has changed, or something of that kind.

Mailing list mails are not sent by 62.210.215.82 which resolves to
sd-51317.dedibox.fr, which would not be a problem if that domain would
not be listed in Spamhaus DBL:
http://www.spamhaus.org/dbl/removal/record/dedibox.fr and as such
blocked by many SMTP servers (mine included).

There is anything that can be done about that?

Please, keep me in copy in your answers, for the above reason, I'm
currently not receiving mailing list email.

Thanks! Cheers,
Daniele

* Re: [Xenomai] Troubles with the mailing list
@ 2014-12-22 12:58 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2014-12-22 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniele Nicolodi; +Cc: xenomai

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:22:17AM +0100, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it seems that the mail server handling the mailing list has changed IP,
> or the DNS record for that IP has changed, or something of that kind.
>
> Mailing list mails are not sent by 62.210.215.82 which resolves to
> sd-51317.dedibox.fr, which would not be a problem if that domain would
> not be listed in Spamhaus DBL:
> http://www.spamhaus.org/dbl/removal/record/dedibox.fr and as such
> blocked by many SMTP servers (mine included).
>
> There is anything that can be done about that?
>
> Please, keep me in copy in your answers, for the above reason, I'm
> currently not receiving mailing list email.

Hi,

the mail I receive come from the xenomai.org IP, that is
212.83.143.187, could you tell us at which point you see the dedibox
address? or better, forward me the mail as you receive it (with all
the headers, in particular the Received lines).

Regards.

--
					    Gilles.

@ 2014-12-22 13:50 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2014-12-22 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniele Nicolodi; +Cc: xenomai

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:22:17AM +0100, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it seems that the mail server handling the mailing list has changed IP,
> or the DNS record for that IP has changed, or something of that kind.
>
> Mailing list mails are not sent by 62.210.215.82 which resolves to
> sd-51317.dedibox.fr, which would not be a problem if that domain would
> not be listed in Spamhaus DBL:
> http://www.spamhaus.org/dbl/removal/record/dedibox.fr and as such
> blocked by many SMTP servers (mine included).
>
> There is anything that can be done about that?
>
> Please, keep me in copy in your answers, for the above reason, I'm
> currently not receiving mailing list email.

Ok, I have changed our mail server outgoing IP to be xenomai.org
instead of the server particular IP, please tell us if it resolves
your issue.

--
					    Gilles.

@ 2014-12-23 19:29   ` Daniele Nicolodi
From: Daniele Nicolodi @ 2014-12-23 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gilles Chanteperdrix; +Cc: xenomai

On 22/12/14 14:50, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:22:17AM +0100, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> it seems that the mail server handling the mailing list has changed IP,
>> or the DNS record for that IP has changed, or something of that kind.
>>
>> Mailing list mails are not sent by 62.210.215.82 which resolves to
>> sd-51317.dedibox.fr, which would not be a problem if that domain would
>> not be listed in Spamhaus DBL:
>> http://www.spamhaus.org/dbl/removal/record/dedibox.fr and as such
>> blocked by many SMTP servers (mine included).
>>
>> There is anything that can be done about that?
>>
>> Please, keep me in copy in your answers, for the above reason, I'm
>> currently not receiving mailing list email.
>
> Ok, I have changed our mail server outgoing IP to be xenomai.org
> instead of the server particular IP, please tell us if it resolves
> your issue.

Thanks Gilles,

this seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Cheers,
Daniele