* Testing the next giant release
@ 2015-01-07 14:02 Loic Dachary
       [not found] ` <CAFd2DpShjeBXQ5YPfWLVq2zsSTZDBzyZuvo40kOhzVy2fTdmCA@mail.gmail.com>
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-01-07 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tamil Muthamizhan; +Cc: Ceph Development

Hi Tamil,

I've merged / integrated the giant backports found at

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/3186
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/3178
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/2954
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/3191
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/3168
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/3289

into

http://workbench.dachary.org/ceph/ceph/commit/0ea20e6c51208d6710f469454ab3f964bfa7c9d2

and successfully ran make check on it

http://workbench.dachary.org:8080/projects/10?ref=giant-backports

If I'm not mistaken the next step would be to run teuthology. If I'm to do it, would you be so kind as to let me know which suites are most relevant ? If someone else will take care of it, should I push the integration branch somewhere ?

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre

* Re: Testing the next giant release
       [not found] ` <CAFd2DpShjeBXQ5YPfWLVq2zsSTZDBzyZuvo40kOhzVy2fTdmCA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-01-07 22:28   ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-01-07 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tamil Muthamizhan; +Cc: ceph-devel

On 07/01/2015 23:20, Tamil Muthamizhan wrote:
> hi Loic,
>
> we have a suite to perform smoke tests for rados/rbd/rgw.
> maybe you can try that to make sure things work.

Are these the suites I should try:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph-qa-suite/tree/master/suites/rados
https://github.com/ceph/ceph-qa-suite/tree/master/suites/rbd
https://github.com/ceph/ceph-qa-suite/tree/master/suites/rgw

any specific settings or just all of three without restrictions (i.e. all os versions etc.)

Cheers

--

@ 2015-01-07 22:34     ` Yuri Weinstein
From: Yuri Weinstein @ 2015-01-07 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary; +Cc: Tamil Muthamizhan, ceph-devel

Loic,

I think if you run those on bare metals (not vps) they will run on
whatever machines are available in the octo or sepia labs.

Thx
YuriW

@ 2015-01-07 22:53       ` Tamil Muthamizhan
From: Tamil Muthamizhan @ 2015-01-07 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Weinstein; +Cc: Loic Dachary, ceph-devel

yes, just those suites will do Loic.

@ 2015-01-07 23:03         ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-01-07 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tamil Muthamizhan, Yuri Weinstein; +Cc: ceph-devel

Thanks Yuri & Tamil !

One last question : http://pulpito.ceph.com/?branch=giant does not show a run of rbd or rgw. They would be useful to figure out what kind of errors I should expect. Are past results archived elsewhere by any chance ?

@ 2015-01-07 23:29           ` Yuri Weinstein
From: Yuri Weinstein @ 2015-01-07 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary; +Cc: Tamil Muthamizhan, ceph-devel

Look for them in new Octo lab - http://pulpito.ceph.redhat.com/

@ 2015-01-07 23:40             ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-01-07 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Weinstein; +Cc: ceph-devel

Great, thanks, I did not know about this one :-)

@ 2015-01-08  9:39 ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-01-08  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tamil Muthamizhan; +Cc: Ceph Development

The giant-backports branch has been built by gitbuilders tonight

http://gitbuilder.sepia.ceph.com/gitbuilder-ceph-deb-trusty-amd64-basic/#origin/giant-backports
etc.

and I scheduled a rbd suite with

./virtualenv/bin/teuthology-suite --teuthology-branch giant --suite rbd --suite-branch giant --machine-type vps --distro ubuntu --email loic@dachary.org --owner loic@dachary.org  --ceph giant-backports

which shows at

http://pulpito.ceph.com/loic-2015-01-08_10:36:47-rbd-giant-backports-testing-basic-vps/

To be continued !

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre

* new testing lab (was: Re: Testing the next giant release)
@ 2015-01-08 15:50               ` Ken Dreyer
From: Ken Dreyer @ 2015-01-08 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary, Yuri Weinstein; +Cc: ceph-devel

On 01/07/2015 04:40 PM, Loic Dachary wrote:
> Great, thanks, I did not know about this one :-)
>
> On 08/01/2015 00:29, Yuri Weinstein wrote:
>> Look for them in new Octo lab - http://pulpito.ceph.redhat.com/

Not everyone in the community is going to know about the Octo lab, and
that URL is unavailable outside of Red Hat's network. I want to be
sure we're explaining this for everyone's benefit here.

In contrast to our "Sepia" lab in Irvine, the "Octo lab" is a new set
of hardware in Raleigh that we've been using in order to run some
other Teuthology tests. As part of the Inktank acquisition by Red Hat,
we've begun migrating some Teuthology tests onto this new hardware.
It's simply a matter of the current hardware's old age and the desire
to move to "something else" before we find ourselves at point where QA
is completely blocked on broken boxes or we're losing data.

A side-effect of this change is that some of our Teuthology test runs
are currently unavailable to the public. (If you've run across Ceph
Redmine tickets recently that mention hostnames like
"*.ceph.redhat.com" you'll know what I'm talking about.)

Obviously we want to make our tests as public as possible just as we
strove to do with the older public "sepia" lab in Irvine.

Sandon Van Ness has been working hard to bring up a second Raleigh lab
that will feature new Seamicro hardware and be as open to the
community as sepia is. Things are still in flux regarding the exact
hostnames, but the current plan is to refer to this lab as "typica" to
distinguish the Raleigh machines from the "sepia" machines in Irvine.

If you're interested in our test labs or other public Ceph
infrastructure, we have a public IRC channel, and it's #sepia on OFTC.
You're welcome to hang out and watch us discuss teuthology failures :)

- Ken

* Re: Testing the next giant release
@ 2015-01-08 16:10   ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-01-08 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tamil Muthamizhan; +Cc: Ceph Development

Hi Tamil,

The test completed with a number of failures. I compared them with the latest giant / rbd run (which is on the red hat private lab). The number of failure is comparable (40 failed out of 102 january 6th 2015). However the failures are mostly different and I'm not sure what to do next.

http://pulpito.ceph.redhat.com/teuthology-2015-01-06_02:00:01-rbd-giant-distro-basic-magna/ shows

Command failed on magna094 with status 1: 'sudo yum install ceph-radosgw-0.87 -y'

(a number of times)

Command failed on magna065 with status 1: 'adjust-ulimits ceph-coverage /home/ubuntu/cephtest/archive/coverage daemon-helper term qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -nographic -m 4096 -drive file=/home/ubuntu/cephtest/qemu/base.client.0.qcow2,format=qcow2,if=virtio -cdrom /home/ubuntu/cephtest/qemu/client.0.iso -fsdev local,id=log,path=/home/ubuntu/cephtest/archive/qemu/client.0,security_model=none -device virtio-9p-pci,fsdev=log,mount_tag=test_log -drive file=rbd:rbd/client.0.0:id=0,format=raw,if=virtio,cache=writethrough -drive file=rbd:rbd/client.0.1:id=0,format=raw,if=virtio,cache=writethrough'

(a few times).

--

@ 2015-01-09 11:06 ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-01-09 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tamil Muthamizhan; +Cc: Ceph Development

The rgw suite was scheduled (same as rbd only changed to rgw):

./virtualenv/bin/teuthology-suite --teuthology-branch giant --suite rgw --suite-branch giant --machine-type vps --distro ubuntu --email loic@dachary.org --owner loic@dachary.org  --ceph giant-backports

it is at

http://pulpito.ceph.com/loic-2015-01-09_11:38:03-rgw-giant-backports-testing-basic-vps/

Cheers

--