* CMake in populate_sdk
@ 2015-01-20 19:42 Benjamin Fleming
From: Benjamin Fleming @ 2015-01-20 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

How do I add packages to the populate_sdk option?
I have an image (myimage) that depends on some custom packages which inherit the cmake bbclass. My expectation is that the populate_sdk task would notice that cmake is required for building and, as a result add cmake to the SDK. That is not the case. Also, for some reason, make is not included, either:

$ source /opt/poky/1.6.2/environment-setup-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
$ which automake
/opt/poky/1.6.2/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/automake
$ which make
usr/bin/make

What should I be adding to cause the inclusion of CMake in the SDK output?

-Ben Fleming

* Re: CMake in populate_sdk
@ 2015-01-21  1:28 ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2015-01-21  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Fleming, yocto

On 01/20/2015 02:42 PM, Benjamin Fleming wrote:
> How do I add packages to the populate_sdk option?
> I have an image (myimage) that depends on some custom packages which inherit the cmake bbclass. My expectation is that the populate_sdk task would notice that cmake is required for building and, as a result add cmake to the SDK. That is not the case. Also, for some reason, make is not included, either:
>
> $ source /opt/poky/1.6.2/environment-setup-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
> $ which automake
> /opt/poky/1.6.2/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/automake
> $ which make
> usr/bin/make
>
> What should I be adding to cause the inclusion of CMake in the SDK output?

Something like this:

https://github.com/balister/meta-sdr/blob/master/recipes-images/images/native-sdk.inc

Philip

> -Ben Fleming

* Re: CMake in populate_sdk
@ 2015-01-21 19:26   ` Benjamin Fleming
From: Benjamin Fleming @ 2015-01-21 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister, yocto

Ok, adding TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK_append = " nativesdk-cmake" seems to work; it adds cmake to the SDK.
One more question; when building using the SDK, my cmake-based project fails to find required libraries; presumably it needs a toolchain.cmake file. Is there some way for the populate_sdk task to generate the toolchain.cmake files also? (I see that it generates something for autotools)

Thanks, Ben

> Philip
>

> > -Ben Fleming

* Re: CMake in populate_sdk
@ 2015-01-21 19:32     ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2015-01-21 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Fleming, yocto

On 01/21/2015 02:26 PM, Benjamin Fleming wrote:

> [...]

We added this to gnuradio:

https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/cmake/Toolchains/oe-sdk_cross.cmake

I wonder if we could generalize this.

Philip