* fbcon gives mirrored fonts on monochrome display
@ 2015-01-22 18:47 Noralf Trønnes
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Noralf Trønnes @ 2015-01-22 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev

Hi,

I'm playing with a SSD1306 128x64 monochrome display and fbcon gives me
mirrored fonts and some extra lines.
Running fbtest gives me the expected output.

fbtest dump: http://tronnes.org/downloads/fbtest.png

fbcon dump: http://tronnes.org/downloads/fbcon.png
The text should have been:
Raspbian GNU/Lin

raspberrypi logi

fbcon font:VGA8x8: http://tronnes.org/downloads/fbcon8x8.png

ProFont6x11 gives indecipherable text lines:
http://tronnes.org/downloads/fbcon6x11.png

fbdev config:
   info->var.bits_per_pixel = 1;
   info->fix.visual = FB_VISUAL_MONO10;
   info->var.red.length = 1;
   info->var.red.offset = 0;
   info->var.green.length = 1;
   info->var.green.offset = 0;
   info->var.blue.length = 1;
   info->var.blue.offset = 0;
Uses: sys_fillrect, sys_copyarea, sys_imageblit (and deferred_io)

System: Raspberry Pi, ARM, Linux 3.18.3

Does anyone see what this might be?

Regards,
Noralf Trønnes