* Problem building CLIP ISO
@ 2016-06-06 21:45 John Chludzinski
From: John Chludzinski @ 2016-06-06 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Selinux

I ran:

$ git clone -b CLIP_RHEL_7.0_Final
https://github.com/TresysTechnology/clip.git

As root, I ran:

$ ./bootstrap.sh

and got ...

<username> cannot register with any organizations.

So I tried:

$ subscription-manager register --username <username> --password
<passwor> --auto-attach

and got ...

<username> cannot register with any organizations.

What's the solution?

---John

* Re: Problem building CLIP ISO
@ 2016-06-06 22:17 ` Brandon Whalen
From: Brandon Whalen @ 2016-06-06 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Chludzinski; +Cc: clip, selinux

> On Jun 6, 2016, at 5:45 PM, John Chludzinski <john.chludzinski@vivaldi.net> wrote:
>
> I ran:
>
> $ git clone -b CLIP_RHEL_7.0_Final https://github.com/TresysTechnology/clip.git
>
> As root, I ran:
>
> $ ./bootstrap.sh
>
> and got ...
>
> <username> cannot register with any organizations.
>
> So I tried:
>
> $ subscription-manager register --username <username> --password <passwor> --auto-attach
>
> and got ...
>
> <username> cannot register with any organizations.
>

> What’s
> the solution?

I’ve added the clip mailing list to this thread John. Please use the CLIP mailing list and not the SELinux one for these types of questions in the future. The two groups work together but people don’t always watch both.

Did you look at the boostrap.sh script to see what it is doing?

@ 2016-06-07 13:33   ` John Chludzinski
From: John Chludzinski @ 2016-06-07 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brandon Whalen; +Cc: clip, selinux

I get to line 141 in bootstrap.sh:

/usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/subscription-manager status | grep -q "Current"

On 2016-06-06 18:17, Brandon Whalen wrote:
>> On Jun 6, 2016, at 5:45 PM, John Chludzinski
>> <john.chludzinski@vivaldi.net> wrote:
>>
>> I ran:
>>
>> $ git clone -b CLIP_RHEL_7.0_Final
>> https://github.com/TresysTechnology/clip.git
>>
>> As root, I ran:
>>
>> $ ./bootstrap.sh
>>
>> and got ...
>>
>> <username> cannot register with any organizations.
>>
>> So I tried:
>>
>> $ subscription-manager register --username <username> --password
>> <passwor> --auto-attach
>>
>> and got ...
>>
>> <username> cannot register with any organizations.
>>

>> What’s
>> the solution?
>>

> I’ve added the clip mailing list to this thread John. Please use the
> CLIP mailing list and not the SELinux one for these types of questions
> in the future. The two groups work together but people don’t always
> watch both.
>
> Did you look at the boostrap.sh script to see what it is doing?
>

>> ---John
>> To get help, send an email containing "help" to
>> Selinux-request@tycho.nsa.gov.

* Re: [Clip] Problem building CLIP ISO
@ 2016-06-07 13:40     ` John Chludzinski
From: John Chludzinski @ 2016-06-07 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brandon Whalen; +Cc: selinux, clip

BTW, $ subscription-manager status

... returns:

    System Status Details
Overall Status: Unknown

Therefore the grep fails.

... which results in:

@ 2016-06-07 13:51       ` Michael Napolitano
From: Michael Napolitano @ 2016-06-07 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Chludzinski, Brandon Whalen; +Cc: selinux, clip

The bootstrap is attempting to subscribe your machine to the RedHat network. The username and password that you are entering need to be valid RedHat network credentials.

-Mike

@ 2016-06-07 15:19         ` John Chludzinski
From: John Chludzinski @ 2016-06-07 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Napolitano; +Cc: Brandon Whalen, selinux, clip

Tried below a second time and got:

$ subscription-manager register --username <username> --password
<password> --auto-attach

Registering to: subscription.rhsm.redhat.com:443/subscription
The system has been registered with ID:
2021b3d2-3f9b-4a5e-89e2-7c30298a2ccb

No products installed.

Ran:

$ ./bootstrap.sh

... and got past the previous problem.

Now working on new problem:

Failed loading plugin: spacewalk
RHEL optional channel is disabled...enabling
Error: rhel-7-server-optional-rpms is not a valid repository ID. Use
--list option to see valid repositories.

---John

@ 2016-06-07 17:12           ` Michael Napolitano
From: Michael Napolitano @ 2016-06-07 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Chludzinski; +Cc: Brandon Whalen, selinux, clip

RedHat is currently experiencing issues. Once they are back up and running, that should clear up the error you're seeing.

-Mike

@ 2016-06-07 21:00             ` John Chludzinski
From: John Chludzinski @ 2016-06-07 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Napolitano; +Cc: Brandon Whalen, selinux, clip

Do you know when this might be remedied?

---John

@ 2016-06-08 14:09               ` Michael Napolitano
From: Michael Napolitano @ 2016-06-08 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Chludzinski; +Cc: Brandon Whalen, selinux, clip

I havn't heard back from RedHat yet, but your issue might also be due to using RHEL7 workstation. You should be using the server version for building CLIP.

-Mike