* [Qemu-devel] UMEQ: an alternative to QEMU user-mode
@ 2015-03-13 13:17 Rémi Duraffort
From: Rémi Duraffort @ 2015-03-13 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel
  Cc: Christophe GUILLON, Mickael GUENE, Cedric VINCENT, Christophe MONAT

Hello,

during the last Linaro Connect in Hong Kong I presented (see [1] and
[2]) a project called UMEQ, for User Mode Emulation Quest.

The goal of this project is to run AArch64 binaries on a x86_64 host in
user mode. Exactly like QEMU user-mode.
But, as I presented, QEMU user-mode is often crashing with applications
that use signals and/or threads while UMEQ is working correctly.

For instance we can run (thanks to UMEQ) complexe AArch64 programs like
vlc, okular, battle for wesnoth, gdb, ... on an x86_64 host.

As promised during the connect, the code is now available at
https://github.com/mickael-guene/umeq

Feel free to compile it, test it, read the sources and ask questions to
his author mickael Guene.

Best regards

[1]
http://www.slideshare.net/linaroorg/hkg15202-umeq-user-mode-emulation-quest
[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-mU0mXHxJg

--
Rémi Duraffort
STMicroelectronics Engineer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-03-13 13:17 UTC | newest]