* crush and go
@ 2015-03-21 22:31 Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-03-21 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development

Does anyone know of a go wrapper around the crush library ? I looked at http://go-search.org/search?q=crush but did not find anything relevant.

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre

* Re: crush and go
@ 2015-03-23  5:20 ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2015-03-23  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary; +Cc: Ceph Development

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015, Loic Dachary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a go wrapper around the crush library ? I looked at
> http://go-search.org/search?q=crush but did not find anything relevant.

I think it will be difficult to build such a wrapper until we spend the
time coralling crush into a nice .so.  The challenge there is that while
the core mapping code is quite simple (and in C, and duplicated in the
kernel), the CrushWrapper stuff depends on a bunch of Ceph infrastrcture,
like the bufferlist encode/decode stuff and CephContext for debugging.
Without all of that the core mapping library isn't terribly useful or
friendly.

I'm not sure what the best path to making it more easily consumable would
be, to be honest...

sage

* Re: crush and go
@ 2015-03-23  9:13   ` Loic Dachary