* ALSA SoC TWL4030 driver
@ 2011-08-16 13:33 Maximilian Schwerin
From: Maximilian Schwerin @ 2011-08-16 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap

I'm currently working on a beagle board clone.

I've got some problems getting the micbias1 output on the TPS65950 to work. I can record audio coming from a line out or if I connect micbias1 to an extern 1.8V supply.

/sys/devices/platform/soc-audio/TWL4030/dapm_widget shows Mic Bias 1 to be off at all times. Is there something I have to do to enable this other than to start recording? Or could this be a bug in the driver? Does anyone have experience with the mic input of the TPS65950?

Thanks, Maximilian

Maximilian Schwerin                     mailto:mvs@tigris.de
Tigris Elektronik GmbH                  http://www.tigris.de
Wikingerufer 7                         Tel: +49-30-301048-30
10555 Berlin, Germany                  Fax: +49-30-301048-59

Geschäftsführer:              Henry Westphal, Guido Kuhlmann
Sitz der Gesellschaft:                                Berlin
Amtsgericht:                Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 71737

* Re: ALSA SoC TWL4030 driver
@ 2011-08-16 14:16 ` Péter Ujfalusi
From: Péter Ujfalusi @ 2011-08-16 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maximilian Schwerin; +Cc: linux-omap

On Tuesday 16 August 2011 15:33:09 Maximilian Schwerin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on a beagle board clone.
>
> I've got some problems getting the micbias1 output on the TPS65950 to work.
> I can record audio coming from a line out or if I connect micbias1 to an
> extern 1.8V supply.
>
> /sys/devices/platform/soc-audio/TWL4030/dapm_widget shows Mic Bias 1 to be
> off at all times. Is there something I have to do to enable this other than
> to start recording? Or could this be a bug in the driver? Does anyone have
> experience with the mic input of the TPS65950?

In your machine driver you need to connect the corresponding mic bias, like it
is done in for example for zoom2:

	/* Headset Mic: HSMIC with bias */
	{"HSMIC", NULL, "Headset Mic Bias"},
	{"Headset Mic Bias", NULL, "Headset Mic"},

Note: Beagle only have support for line-in, does your board have additional
inputs jack (Headset?)

--
Péter