* [Xenomai] Writing RTDM driver for multiple PCI cards
@ 2015-04-09 19:05 Wojciech Domski
From: Wojciech Domski @ 2015-04-09 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Dear All,

I would like to write an another driver for a PCI card.
I have encountered an issue, however. I have some experience with
writing RTDM drivers but
for a single PCI card.

Now I would like to write a driver which would support multiple PCI
cards. How should I do that?

For example when writing a character device driver for standard Linux
kernel we can use something
like alloc_chrdev_region() or register_chrdev_region(). In those
functions one of the parameters is
count which refers to the number of devices. If I am not mistaken those
devices will be available
under /dev/device1, /dev/device2 and so on.

What kind of mechanic should I use to achieve similar result with RTDM.
One difference is that in RTDM I do not have those devices under /dev
but they
are registered under some device name space in Xenomai which handles this.
Is there a way to make one driver with name ex. MyDev for 3 devices
and access them by passing MyDev1, MyDev2 or MyDev3 to rt_dev_open()?

Best regards,

--
Wojciech Domski

Domski.pl

Wojciech.Domski.pl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-04-09 19:05 UTC | newest]