* [Qemu-devel] Unparking vCPU mechanism
@ 2015-04-16 10:50 Mohsin Kazmi
From: Mohsin Kazmi @ 2015-04-16 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zhugh.fnst; +Cc: qemu-devel

Hi Zhu,
          I am testing the hot unplug feature using your github branch
'cpu-hotplug'. It is working fine when first time I added and deleted cpu.
But when I tried to add cpu second time, it showed me the following error:
(qemu) device_add kvm64-x86_64-cpu,apic-id=1,id=cpu1
           Duplicate ID 'cpu1' for device

I get from one of your patch (https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/439485/)
commit message that cpu is not literally removed from qemu but guest is
unable to use it anymore. Do you know the way how I can reuse that cpu
which has already added and deleted once. Or unparking the cpu mechanism.

Thanks,
Mohsin Kazmi