* [linux-lvm] persistent value of tunables for dmsetup --target=cache ?
@ 2015-04-21  8:58 nikhil
From: nikhil @ 2015-04-21  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Hello,

how do I ensure that the tunable (for eg. dmsetup message vg02-jetcache_lv 0
write_promote_adjustment 0) will remain the same value even after reboot?

Seems like the tunables values reset to earlier values upon reboot of the
machine.

Help! :)

* Re: [linux-lvm] persistent value of tunables for dmsetup --target=cache ?
@ 2015-04-22  9:48 ` Zdenek Kabelac
From: Zdenek Kabelac @ 2015-04-22  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LVM general discussion and development

Dne 21.4.2015 v 10:58 nikhil napsal(a):
> Hello,
>
> how do I ensure that the tunable (for eg. dmsetup message vg02-jetcache_lv 0
> write_promote_adjustment 0) will remain the same value even after reboot?
>
> Seems like the tunables values reset to earlier values upon reboot of the
> machine.
>
> Help! :)

By using them, when you create/load  dm table for your cache target.

Zdenek

* Re: [linux-lvm] persistent value of tunables for dmsetup --target=cache ?
@ 2015-04-22 14:25   ` Mike Snitzer
From: Mike Snitzer @ 2015-04-22 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nikhil; +Cc: LVM general discussion and development

On Wed, Apr 22 2015 at  5:48am -0400,
Zdenek Kabelac <zkabelac@redhat.com> wrote:

> Dne 21.4.2015 v 10:58 nikhil napsal(a):
> >Hello,
> >
> >how do I ensure that the tunable (for eg. dmsetup message vg02-jetcache_lv 0
> >write_promote_adjustment 0) will remain the same value even after reboot?
> >
> >Seems like the tunables values reset to earlier values upon reboot of the
> >machine.
> >
> >Help! :)
>

> By using them, when you create/load  dm table for your cache target.

Best to use lvm2 to create/configure/tune dm-cache.  Otherwise, if
you're just using the dmsetup interface directly you won't have your
tunings persist.