* Question about porting over magic lantern kernel  hardware support to mainline
@ 2015-04-23  2:09 nick
From: nick @ 2015-04-23  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Greetings All,
I was wondering about reading this forum page,http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14847.0;prev_next=next#new
if porting over magic lantern's change to the main line kernel is a good idea or does it need to be kept separate.Honestly,
from  my personal experience high resolution cameras running Linux may be of great use to thousands of independent film makers
worldwide and it would be easier for vendors of said cameras to use the main line kernel for this and not a patched vendor
kernel for supporting there hardware. If the camera vendors are very closed mine, then I would see no point in doing this.
Anyhow please let me known of any options on main lining this or keeping it separate.
Thanks,
Nick

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-04-23  2:09 UTC | newest]