* Re: linux-can moderated?
       [not found] <5541E79A.2050508@gomspace.com>
@ 2015-04-30 13:21 ` Oliver Hartkopp
From: Oliver Hartkopp @ 2015-04-30 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeppe Ledet-Pedersen, Marc Kleine-Budde; +Cc: linux-can

Hi Jeppe

On 30.04.2015 10:28, Jeppe Ledet-Pedersen wrote:

> I just sent in my first kernel patch yesterday. It successfully found
> its way to the linux-kernel and netdev mailing lists:
>
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/msg1977865.html
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg326785.html
>
> It should also have been cc'ed to linux-can@vger.kernel.org, but as far
> as I can see, it hasn't showed up in the linux-can list archives.

Yes.

And it showed up there automatically:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-can&m=143032208916337&w=2

> believe the patch has to go in through the linux-can tree?

Yes.

Marc (see CC) will pick it up and commit it to the linux-can git tree at:

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/mkl/linux-can.git/

where David Miller (net maintainer) will pull it from for upstream and stable
trees.

So for CAN drivers linux-can ML is perfect.
No need for cross posting on Kernel/Netdev for CAN driver stuff.

> Is the list moderated for non-subscribers?

No.

> At the time I sent the patch,
> I wasn't subscribed to linux-can. Or did I do something else wrong?

No everything went fine :-)

Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
Oliver

* Re: linux-can moderated?
@ 2015-04-30 17:17   ` Jeppe Ledet-Pedersen
From: Jeppe Ledet-Pedersen @ 2015-04-30 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Hartkopp, Marc Kleine-Budde; +Cc: linux-can

On 30/04/15 15:21, Oliver Hartkopp wrote:
> Hi Jeppe

Hi Oliver,

> On 30.04.2015 10:28, Jeppe Ledet-Pedersen wrote:
>
>> I just sent in my first kernel patch yesterday. It successfully found
>> its way to the linux-kernel and netdev mailing lists:
>>
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/msg1977865.html
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg326785.html
>>
>> It should also have been cc'ed to linux-can@vger.kernel.org, but as far
>> as I can see, it hasn't showed up in the linux-can list archives.
>
> Yes.
>
> And it showed up there automatically:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-can&m=143032208916337&w=2

Ah, thanks. I was looking at the gmane archive of linux-can (linked from
vger.kernel.org) for yesterday and couldn't find it.

http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-can
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.linux.can/day=20150429

>> believe the patch has to go in through the linux-can tree?
>
> Yes.
>
> Marc (see CC) will pick it up and commit it to the linux-can git tree at:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/mkl/linux-can.git/
>
> where David Miller (net maintainer) will pull it from for upstream and
> stable trees.
>
> So for CAN drivers linux-can ML is perfect.
> No need for cross posting on Kernel/Netdev for CAN driver stuff.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I thought I had to send it to all
addresses from the get_maintainer.pl script, but of course it makes more
sense only to send it to the most specific list. Sorry for the noise :)

>> Is the list moderated for non-subscribers?
>
> No.
>
>> At the time I sent the patch,
>> I wasn't subscribed to linux-can. Or did I do something else wrong?
>
> No everything went fine :-)

Great.

> Thanks for your contribution.

Thanks for explaining this - much appreciated!

-Jeppe