* [newb] move /home to subvolume
@ 2015-06-01 12:36 Neal Becker
From: Neal Becker @ 2015-06-01 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

I have everything under /:

sudo btrfs subvolume list /
ID 257 gen 65795 top level 5 path root

I want to move /home onto it's own subvolume.  I hope I can do this while
the root device is mounted.

What is the procedure?

I tried first to create a subvolume for /home at the top-level, but couldn't
figure out the syntax:

[nbecker@nbecker2 ~]$ sudo btrfs subvolume create /home
[sudo] password for nbecker:
ERROR: '/home' exists

--
Those who fail to understand recursion are doomed to repeat it