* Re: [edk2] A problem about the memory size of virtual machine(VM) when using OVMF
       [not found] <8B561EC9A4D13649A62CF60D3A8E8CB239A4F536@SZXEMA504-MBS.china.huawei.com>
@ 2015-06-04 18:12 ` Laszlo Ersek
From: Laszlo Ersek @ 2015-06-04 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maoming; +Cc: edk2-devel, Huangpeng (Peter), xen-devel

I have the impression that this is HTML mail. Please don't post HTML
mail; it falls apart when it is quoted.

That said,

On 06/04/15 16:07, Maoming wrote:
> Hi all:
>
>    I started a virtual machine(VM) (redhat6.3_64bit) using OVMF in XEN4.6.
>
> And the memory of the VM is 64G.
>
>    But I only got 3.5G inside the VM using "free".
>
>    There is a same problem in KVM too.

I don't have a Xen environment to test this. CC'ing Xen devel.

I checked on KVM (upstream OVMF, RHEL-7.1.z host, RHEL-6.5 guest with
5GB RAM). I cannot reproduce the issue; "free" in the guest reports the
RAM correctly.

Laszlo

>                                total       used       free     shared
> buffers     cached
>
>          Mem:       3715640     495916    3219724          0
> 22060     175136
>
>          -/+ buffers/cache:     298720    3416920
>
>          Swap:      4046840          0    4046840
>

>    in the host using "xl list" to check:
>
>          Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs
> State   Time(s)
>
>          Domain-0                                     0   3055    16
> r-----     861.2
>
>          redhat                                       4   65536
> 2     r-----       5.9
>

>    Any thought on this?
>
>    Any help will be appreciated.
>
>    If you need some other information, please let me know. :)
>

>          Thanks!
>
>          -mao

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-06-04 18:12 UTC | newest]