* [ath9k-devel] Atheros AR7010+AR9287 connection issues
@ 2015-06-12 14:31 t-knuf at hotmail.de
From: t-knuf at hotmail.de @ 2015-06-12 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hello,
I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place to ask for help, if you know a better one, please tell me.
My
 USB-Wifi stick usually works, but every so often it just looses
connection and I have to unplug it and reconnect. I don't quite know
when it occurs but sometimes it happens just after I turned my PC on and
 sometimes it doesn't happen at all, generally I feel it happens when I have a high network traffic. I feel like it might be connected
to the temperature of the stick as it gets quite hot but that might just
 be its working temperature. I'm using  x86_64 Linux 4.0.5-1-ARCH.

lsusb -v:
  idVendor           0x0cf3 Atheros Communications, Inc.  idProduct          0x7015 TP-Link TL-WN821N v3 / TL-WN822N v2 802.11n [Atheros AR7010+AR9287]
it uses ath9k_htc I believe.

dmesg:[  563.639553] usb 7-2.1: ath: firmware panic! exccause: 0x0000000d; pc: 0x0090e228; badvaddr: 0x10ff4038.
Any ideas what I could do or what else information I should provide for you to help me out?
Tom
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel] Atheros AR7010+AR9287 connection issues
@ 2015-06-12 19:39 ` Oleksij Rempel
From: Oleksij Rempel @ 2015-06-12 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi,

please replace your firmware for this adapter with this one
https://github.com/olerem/ath9k-htc-firmware-blob

From: Oleksij Rempel @ 2015-06-12 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi,

please replace your firmware for this adapter with this one
https://github.com/olerem/ath9k-htc-firmware-blob

Am 12.06.2015 um 16:31 schrieb t-knuf at hotmail.de:
> Hello,
>

> I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place to ask for help, if you
> know a better one, please tell me.
>

> My USB-Wifi stick usually works, but every so often it just looses
> connection and I have to unplug it and reconnect. I don't quite know
> when it occurs but sometimes it happens just after I turned my PC on and
> sometimes it doesn't happen at all, generally I feel it happens when I
> have a high network traffic. I feel like it might be connected to the
> temperature of the stick as it gets quite hot but that might just be its
> working temperature. I'm using  x86_64 Linux 4.0.5-1-ARCH.
>

> lsusb -v:
>
>   idVendor           0x0cf3 Atheros Communications, Inc.
>   idProduct          0x7015 TP-Link TL-WN821N v3 / TL-WN822N v2 802.11n
> [Atheros AR7010+AR9287]
>

> it uses ath9k_htc I believe.
>

> dmesg:
>
> [  563.639553] usb 7-2.1: ath: firmware panic! exccause: 0x0000000d; pc:
> 0x0090e228; badvaddr: 0x10ff4038.
>

> Any ideas what I could do or what else information I should provide for
> you to help me out?
>

> Tom

Oleksij