* [Buildroot] dependence on bash and coreutils
@ 2015-06-19 14:45 Sylvain Raybaud
From: Sylvain Raybaud @ 2015-06-19 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

* [Buildroot] dependence on bash and coreutils
@ 2015-06-19 22:38 ` Arnout Vandecappelle
From: Arnout Vandecappelle @ 2015-06-19 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 06/19/15 16:45, Sylvain Raybaud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A script packaged into mariadb galera cluster and necessary for
> running a cluster require bash to be run. I was wondering if such a
> dependency should be a "select" or a "depends on". What do you think?

 select. Also add a comment # runtime dependency only

 And make sure to check that the scripts really put /bin/bash as their shebang
and not /bin/sh.

 Also, don't forget to select BR2_PACKAGE_BUSYBOX_SHOW_OTHERS.

> Also, the same script calls "sleep" several times with non integer
> arguments. The busybox version of sleep will not take such arguments.
> There are a few options:
>
> a) patch the script to only pass integer arguments, i.e. replace
> "sleep 0.5" with "sleep 1" and "sleep 0.2" also with "sleep 1". I
> strongly dislike this alternative.

 I tend to agree.

> or
>
> b) make mariadb depend on coreutils, which provides a version of sleep
> that takes non floating point arguments.

 That's definitely an option.

> or
>
> c) somehow patch the busybox package to make available the option to
> build sleep with support for floating point arguments and make mariadb
> depend on this option.

 You could indeed add a patch that seelcts CONFIG_FEATURE_FANCY_SLEEP and
CONFIG_FEATURE_FLOAT_SLEEP in busybox.config. I just checked, it adds 600 bytes
to the 480K of busybox in an arm thumb2 build. So for me, it's a go.

 Regards,
 Arnout