* hammer/firefly backports upgrade suite
@ 2015-07-29 21:34 Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-07-29 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek L, Nathan Cutler; +Cc: Ceph Development

Hi Nathan & Abhishek,

It turns out the mistake was to use upgrade/firefly-x and upgrade/hammer-x instead of upgrade/firelfy and upgrade/hammer. When -c hammer-backports or -c firefly-backports is given to teuthology-suite, it will upgrade to this version, from older versions of the same stable branch.

I've updated:

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11644#upgrade
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11990#upgrade

whith the fix and they are running (using the OpenStack cluster though, there may be issues with the firefly upgrade suite but the hammer upgrade suite must run fine, it has run at http://ceph.aevoo.fr:8081/ enough times to suggest there are no OpenStack specific issues).

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre

* Re: hammer/firefly backports upgrade suite
@ 2015-07-30  7:23 ` Nathan Cutler
From: Nathan Cutler @ 2015-07-30  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary, Abhishek L; +Cc: Ceph Development

> It turns out the mistake was to use upgrade/firefly-x and upgrade/hammer-x instead of upgrade/firelfy and upgrade/hammer. When -c hammer-backports or -c firefly-backports is given to teuthology-suite, it will upgrade to this version, from older versions of the same stable branch.
>
> I've updated:
>
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11644#upgrade
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11990#upgrade
>
> whith the fix and they are running (using the OpenStack cluster though, there may be issues with the firefly upgrade suite but the hammer upgrade suite must run fine, it has run at http://ceph.aevoo.fr:8081/ enough times to suggest there are no OpenStack specific issues).

Hi Loic:

As you predicted, the firefly upgrade suite finished with quite a few
failures. I looked at the first one and the log said:

ERROR:teuthology.misc:. teuthology/test/integration/openrc.sh &&
openstack network show -f json unknown error ERROR: openstack No
networks with a name or ID of 'unknown' found

Nathan

* Re: hammer/firefly backports upgrade suite
@ 2015-07-30  8:03   ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-07-30  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Cutler, Abhishek L; +Cc: Ceph Development