* Re: Runtime declare tracepoint events
       [not found] <BLU169-W81640A18289FB36E6C1DADAB890@phx.gbl>
@ 2015-08-04 16:40 ` Jérémie Galarneau
From: Jérémie Galarneau @ 2015-08-04 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey Chen; +Cc: lttng-dev

Hi Jeffrey,

Unfortunately, this is not a feature which is currently supported by the
LTTng tracers.

All the best,
Jérémie

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Jeffrey Chen <cpthk@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> This is a requirement for us, we do not know the events during compile
> time. I am wondering is it easy to do to register tracepoint events during
> runtime. Has this been done before? Is there any document about it? Thanks.

Jérémie Galarneau
EfficiOS Inc.
http://www.efficios.com

@ 2015-08-04 16:51 ` Julien Desfossez
From: Julien Desfossez @ 2015-08-04 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey Chen; +Cc: lttng-dev

Hi,

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, do you mean that
you don't know at compile time where the instrumentation sites are in
the code (not supported in LTTng for now), or that you don't know which
one you want to enable (record). If it is the latter case, LTTng
supports enabling/disabling events at runtime (see the "lttng
enable-event" command).

Julien

@ 2015-08-01  2:39 Jeffrey Chen
From: Jeffrey Chen @ 2015-08-01  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)