* Where to report security vulnerabilities in git?
@ 2015-08-21 22:55 Guido Vranken
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Guido Vranken @ 2015-08-21 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

List,

I would like to report security vulnerabilities in git. Due to the
sensitive nature of security-impacting bugs I would like to know if
there's a dedicated e-mail address for this, so that the issues at
play can be patched prior to a coordinated public disclosure of the
germane exploitation details. I did find an older thread in the
archive addressing this question (
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/260328/ ), but
because I'm unsure if those e-mail addresses are still relevant, I'm
asking again.

Thanks.

Guido

* Re: Where to report security vulnerabilities in git?
@ 2015-08-22  0:02 ` Stefan Beller
From: Stefan Beller @ 2015-08-22  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guido Vranken; +Cc: git

The addresses are still valid. (I think there was a plan to introduce
a git-security@...
but I am not sure if that happened.)

> Current practice is to contact Junio C Hamano <gitster <at> pobox.com>.
> Cc-ing Jeff King <peff <at> peff.net> isn't a bad idea while at it.

Just go for that.

@ 2015-08-22  0:16 ` Junio C Hamano
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2015-08-22  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Guido Vranken <guidovranken@gmail.com> wrote:
> germane exploitation details. I did find an older thread in the
> archive addressing this question (
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/260328/ ), but
> because I'm unsure if those e-mail addresses are still relevant, I'm
> asking again.

Indeed that was an old advice. Recent releases of "A note from the
maintainer" has this paragraph:

If you think you found a security-sensitive issue and want to disclose
it to us without announcing it to wider public, please contact us at
our security mailing list <git-security@googlegroups.com>.

* Re: Where to report security vulnerabilities in git?
@ 2015-08-24  4:13 ` Sitaram Chamarty
From: Sitaram Chamarty @ 2015-08-24  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guido Vranken, git