* Error in do_rootfs
@ 2015-09-23 12:13 Mayank Agarwal
From: Mayank Agarwal @ 2015-09-23 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

To give you more detail,I am trying to add gstreamer-1.0 support in
framework which is already having gstreamer-0.10.
Now gstreamer binaries are built in Intel 80386 32 bit format,while my
machine is amd,64 bit.So what i am doing i am configuring
and compiling the gstreamer plugin packages on ubuntu and copy the whole
source from there,after that i am doing do_install
in my recipe.In my recipe i have set noexec=1 for
do_fetch,do_configure,do_compile.It is able to install binaries in
image/usr/lib and sysroot folder according to what i write in do_install
but in installing the binaries to final image it is giving these errors:

i hope what i am doing above is right.

In log.do_rootfs file i am getting below error:

ERROR: Unable to install packages. Command  returned 255:

update-alternatives: Error: not linking /rootfs//bin/bash to
/bin/busybox.nosuid since rootfs//bin/bash exists and is not a link

What changes i should do in recipe file in order to overcome these errors.

Regards
Mayank

* Re: Error in do_rootfs
@ 2015-09-23 12:27 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2015-09-23 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 2015-09-23 06:13, Mayank Agarwal wrote:
> Hi,
>

> To give you more detail,I am trying to add gstreamer-1.0 support in framework which is already having gstreamer-0.10.
> Now gstreamer binaries are built in Intel 80386 32 bit format,while my machine is amd,64 bit.So what i am doing i am configuring
> and compiling the gstreamer plugin packages on ubuntu and copy the whole source from there,after that i am doing do_install
> in my recipe.In my recipe i have set noexec=1 for do_fetch,do_configure,do_compile.It is able to install binaries in image/usr/lib and sysroot folder according to what i write in
> do_install but in installing the binaries to final image it is giving these errors:
>
> i hope what i am doing above is right.
>
> In log.do_rootfs file i am getting below error:
>
> ERROR: Unable to install packages. Command  returned 255:
>

> update-alternatives: Error: not linking /rootfs//bin/bash to /bin/busybox.nosuid since rootfs//bin/bash exists and is not a link
>
> What changes i should do in recipe file in order to overcome these errors.

Why are you trying to move binaries around (from your build host
directly into the target)?  You should be able to just add the
gstreamer-1.x recipes to your build and have it work.  Note there
is no problem with gstreamer-1.x being installed alongside the
older gstreamer-0.10

* Re: error in do_rootfs
@ 2015-09-23  6:52 신택현 (Taek Hyun Shin)
From: 신택현 (Taek Hyun Shin) @ 2015-09-23  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

bitbake -u depexp -g name segfault because of not gui environment

you can get dpendency dot file using bitbake image-name -g. not bitbake bash -g

I think that the problem is do_rootfs error cause is busybox

when you create rootfs, it is stranged to create a bash link not /bin/sh

>> Error: not linking /1.0-r0/rootfs//bin/bash to /bin/busybox.nosuid since

>> rootfs//bin/bash exists and is not a link

Also, if you use systemd, bash is installed because of the dependence of systemd.

Thanks

Best regards,

Wily Taekhyun Shin

Wily Taekhyun Shin

Research Engineer
R&D Center
Telechips Inc.
Tel : + 82-2-3443-6792(Ext.390)

Fax : + 82-2-6424-7793

Mobile : + 82-10-4376-5530

E-mail : thshin@telechips.com <blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:ksjeon@telechips.com>

* Re: error in do_rootfs
       [not found]             ` <CAKjpqyK+ZXuE+4jzDfTFO=TLeecGyrL4ab91-eGrLGHJzJADUA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-09-22 16:34               ` Daniel.
From: Daniel. @ 2015-09-22 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mayank Agarwal, yocto

Seg fault? Thats really weird,

Please specify your target system, host system, yocto release. This stuff
shoudn't segfault at all, something would be really messy on your build
environment.

Did you tried this: https://github.com/dv1/meta-gstreamer1.0 ?

It seems to be what you're looking for :)

Cheers,
- dhs

--
*"Do or do not. There is no try"*
  *Yoda Master*

* Re: error in do_rootfs
@ 2015-09-22 15:12         ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2015-09-22 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 2015-09-22 08:53, Mayank Agarwal wrote:
> Thanks Daniel for your help.Please specify how can i remove it

It would be a lot easier to help you diagnose your problem if you provide
more data:
   * What version of Yocto are you using?
   * What is your target machine?
   * What image are you trying to build?
   * What changes have you made to local.conf that might affect the result,
     e.g. adding any additional packages, etc?
More details, the better.

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 8:21 PM, Daniel. <danielhilst@gmail.com <mailto:danielhilst@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Will you use bash? If not, try to remove it from image, so /bin/bash isn't created.
>

>     Cheers,
>     - dhs

>          From that error:
>         Error: not linking /1.0-r0/rootfs//bin/bash to /bin/busybox.nosuid since rootfs//bin/bash exists and is not a link
>
>         Any solutions for above,even if i create symlink this error doesn't go
>
>         Regards
>         Mayank
>
>         On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 7:47 PM, Daniel. <danielhilst@gmail.com <mailto:danielhilst@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>             There should be a log.do_rootfs in something like BUILD_DIR/tmp/work/MACHINE-TOOLCHAIN/IMAGE/PV-PR/temp/. There you will find a proper failure message with the command
>             that triggered the failure and is output.
>
>             Cheers,
>             - dhs

>                 Hi,
>
>                 I am getting the below error in do_rootfs:
>
>                 ERROR: Unable to install packages. Command
>                   returned 255:
>

>                 I uderstand this error comes from certificate validation
>                 failure.
>
>                 Is there any option i can override the certificate validation
>                 in do_rootfs and get the binaries imstalled in final image
>
>                 Regards
>                 Mayank
>

>                 --
>

>             --
>             /"Do or do not. There is no try"/
>             ///*Yoda Master*/
>

>     --
>     /"Do or do not. There is no try"/
>     ///*Yoda Master*/

* Re: error in do_rootfs
@ 2015-09-22 15:07           ` Daniel.
       [not found]             ` <CAKjpqyK+ZXuE+4jzDfTFO=TLeecGyrL4ab91-eGrLGHJzJADUA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Daniel. @ 2015-09-22 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mayank Agarwal; +Cc: yocto

--
*"Do or do not. There is no try"*
  *Yoda Master*

* Re: error in do_rootfs
@ 2015-09-22 15:04         ` Daniel.
From: Daniel. @ 2015-09-22 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mayank Agarwal; +Cc: yocto

--
*"Do or do not. There is no try"*
  *Yoda Master*

* Re: error in do_rootfs
@ 2015-09-22 14:53       ` Mayank Agarwal
From: Mayank Agarwal @ 2015-09-22 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel., yocto

Thanks Daniel for your help.Please specify how can i remove it

Regards
Mayank

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 8:21 PM, Daniel. <danielhilst@gmail.com> wrote:

> Will you use bash? If not, try to remove it from image, so /bin/bash isn't
> created.
>

> Cheers,
> - dhs

>> From that error:
>> Error: not linking /1.0-r0/rootfs//bin/bash to /bin/busybox.nosuid since
>> rootfs//bin/bash exists and is not a link
>>
>> Any solutions for above,even if i create symlink this error doesn't go
>>
>> Regards
>> Mayank
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 7:47 PM, Daniel. <danielhilst@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> There should be a log.do_rootfs in something like
>>> BUILD_DIR/tmp/work/MACHINE-TOOLCHAIN/IMAGE/PV-PR/temp/. There you will find
>>> a proper failure message with the command that triggered the failure and is
>>> output.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> - dhs

>>> --
>>> *"Do or do not. There is no try"*
>>>   *Yoda Master*
>>>

> --
> *"Do or do not. There is no try"*
>   *Yoda Master*

* Re: error in do_rootfs
@ 2015-09-22 14:51     ` Daniel.
From: Daniel. @ 2015-09-22 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mayank Agarwal; +Cc: yocto

--
*"Do or do not. There is no try"*
  *Yoda Master*

* Re: error in do_rootfs
@ 2015-09-22 14:42   ` Mayank Agarwal
From: Mayank Agarwal @ 2015-09-22 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel., yocto

From that error:
Error: not linking /1.0-r0/rootfs//bin/bash to /bin/busybox.nosuid since
rootfs//bin/bash exists and is not a link

Any solutions for above,even if i create symlink this error doesn't go

Regards
Mayank

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 7:47 PM, Daniel. <danielhilst@gmail.com> wrote:

> There should be a log.do_rootfs in something like
> BUILD_DIR/tmp/work/MACHINE-TOOLCHAIN/IMAGE/PV-PR/temp/. There you will find
> a proper failure message with the command that triggered the failure and is
> output.
>
> Cheers,
> - dhs

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am getting the below error in do_rootfs:
>>
>> ERROR: Unable to install packages. Command
>>  returned 255:
>>

>> I uderstand this error comes from certificate validation
>> failure.
>>
>> Is there any option i can override the certificate validation
>> in do_rootfs and get the binaries imstalled in final image
>>
>> Regards
>> Mayank
>>

>> --

> *"Do or do not. There is no try"*
>   *Yoda Master*

* Re: error in do_rootfs
@ 2015-09-22 14:17 ` Daniel.
From: Daniel. @ 2015-09-22 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mayank Agarwal; +Cc: yocto

There should be a log.do_rootfs in something like
BUILD_DIR/tmp/work/MACHINE-TOOLCHAIN/IMAGE/PV-PR/temp/. There you will find
a proper failure message with the command that triggered the failure and is
output.

Cheers,
- dhs

> I am getting the below error in do_rootfs:
>
> ERROR: Unable to install packages. Command
>  returned 255:
>

> I uderstand this error comes from certificate validation
> failure.
>
> Is there any option i can override the certificate validation
> in do_rootfs and get the binaries imstalled in final image
>
> Regards
> Mayank

*"Do or do not. There is no try"*
  *Yoda Master*

* error in do_rootfs
@ 2015-09-22  9:36 Mayank Agarwal
From: Mayank Agarwal @ 2015-09-22  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

@ 2015-09-22  7:22   ` Mayank Agarwal
From: Mayank Agarwal @ 2015-09-22  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj, yocto

binaries are there in qemux/usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0 but they are not getting
installed in final image.

is this empty by any chance:
i didn't get you.

Regards
Mayank

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Sep 22, 2015, at 12:08 AM, Mayank Agarwal <
> mayank77fromindia@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > While installing gstreamer-1.0 i am facing following errors in do_rootfs:
> >
> > Configuring xfsprogs-mkfs.
> > Configuring packagegroup-rdk-oss-mediaserver.
> > Configuring gst-plugins-bad-linsys.
> > Configuring gst-plugins-good-isomp4.
> > Collected errors:
> >  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gst-plugins-base-version.
>
> is this empty by any chance ?

* Re: error in do_rootfs
@ 2015-09-22  7:12 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2015-09-22  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)