* Industrial I/O presentation at LinuxCon Europe
@ 2015-10-09  9:06 Daniel Baluta
From: Daniel Baluta @ 2015-10-09  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-iio

Hi all,

This Monday I presented an introduction to IIO at LinuxCon.

The slides can be found here:

* https://www.overleaf.com/articles/industrial-i-slash-o/dmqjqpzswtvb.pdf

and soon they will be uploaded to Linux foundation site.

I hope this presentation helped people to have an idea about
what IIO is and how they can start to write drivers for sensors.

Taking in account the number of questions received I think that we'll
soon see an increase in the number of drivers submitted :).

thanks,
Daniel.

* Re: Industrial I/O presentation at LinuxCon Europe
@ 2015-10-09  9:17 ` Denis Ciocca
From: Denis Ciocca @ 2015-10-09  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Baluta, linux-iio

Great job! +1 because u used LaTeX. ;)

Denis

@ 2015-10-09 12:06   ` Crt Mori
From: Crt Mori @ 2015-10-09 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Ciocca; +Cc: Daniel Baluta, linux-iio

Hi Daniel,
This is great. From user point of view it would be also nice if you
would show how you get notified when trigger is triggered so that you
can read the buffer (slide 21). But this is really a nice presentation
worth saving for future reference.

Crt

@ 2015-10-09 21:13 ` Hartmut Knaack
From: Hartmut Knaack @ 2015-10-09 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Baluta, linux-iio

Daniel Baluta schrieb am 09.10.2015 um 11:06:
> Hi all,
>
> This Monday I presented an introduction to IIO at LinuxCon.
>
> The slides can be found here:
>
> * https://www.overleaf.com/articles/industrial-i-slash-o/dmqjqpzswtvb.pdf
>
> and soon they will be uploaded to Linux foundation site.

Awesome. Looks very good overall. But before uploading to Linux foundation,
please consider the following remarks (I hope my brief notes make sense to you):

Page 10: IIO_CHAN_PROCESSED => IIO_CHAN_INFO_PROCESSED
Page 16: temp_channel => accel_channels? fill empty comment, IIO_CPU => IIO_LE?
Page 21: several io => iio, highlighted "enable" in last line intended?
Pages 20 and 25: deprecate terms "top half" and "bottom half" (IIRC there is now
handler [h] for timing critical IRQ handling and thread [th] for uncritical work)?

Thanks,

Hartmut

@ 2015-10-14 11:22   ` Daniel Baluta
From: Daniel Baluta @ 2015-10-14 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hartmut Knaack; +Cc: linux-iio

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 12:13 AM, Hartmut Knaack <knaack.h@gmx.de> wrote:
> Daniel Baluta schrieb am 09.10.2015 um 11:06:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This Monday I presented an introduction to IIO at LinuxCon.
>>
>> The slides can be found here:
>>
>> * https://www.overleaf.com/articles/industrial-i-slash-o/dmqjqpzswtvb.pdf
>>
>> and soon they will be uploaded to Linux foundation site.
>>

> Awesome. Looks very good overall. But before uploading to Linux foundation,
> please consider the following remarks (I hope my brief notes make sense to you):
>
> Page 10: IIO_CHAN_PROCESSED => IIO_CHAN_INFO_PROCESSED
> Page 16: temp_channel => accel_channels? fill empty comment, IIO_CPU => IIO_LE?
> Page 21: several io => iio, highlighted "enable" in last line intended?
> Pages 20 and 25: deprecate terms "top half" and "bottom half" (IIRC there is now
> handler [h] for timing critical IRQ handling and thread [th] for uncritical work)?

Thanks Hartmut,

Fixed all of the above (except enable - which is reserved keyword in bash).

Slides are now on Linux Foundation website:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/lceu15_baluta.pdf

Thanks all for the review.

Daniel.