* Current status of MC patches?
@ 2015-10-12 13:08 Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2015-10-12 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Mauro,

Can you give an update of the current status of the MC work? To be honest,
I've lost track.

In particular, is there anything I and/or others need to review before you
can start merging patches?

This is also relevant for the workshop agenda. I plan to put any MC topics
at the end of the workshop. As you mentioned in a mail exchange with Shuah,
as long as these patches aren't merged there is not all that much point in
discussing future work.

Regards,

	Hans

* Re: Current status of MC patches?
@ 2015-10-12 15:11 ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2015-10-12 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Em Mon, 12 Oct 2015 15:08:33 +0200
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> escreveu:

> Hi Mauro,
>
> Can you give an update of the current status of the MC work? To be honest,
> I've lost track.
>
> In particular, is there anything I and/or others need to review before you
> can start merging patches?

Basically, we're still waiting for Laurent and Sakari's review.

> This is also relevant for the workshop agenda. I plan to put any MC topics
> at the end of the workshop. As you mentioned in a mail exchange with Shuah,
> as long as these patches aren't merged there is not all that much point in
> discussing future work.

Yep. There's no sense to even discuss MC at the workshop while the
current work is not reviewed, as the other MC topic for discussion
is related to dynamic support, to be added after the MC next gen
support for G_TOPOLOGY.

Regards,
Mauro

* Re: Current status of MC patches?
@ 2015-10-12 15:56   ` Sakari Ailus
From: Sakari Ailus @ 2015-10-12 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab

Hi Mauro and Hans,

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 12:11:53PM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Mon, 12 Oct 2015 15:08:33 +0200
> Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> escreveu:
>
> > Hi Mauro,
> >
> > Can you give an update of the current status of the MC work? To be honest,
> > I've lost track.
> >
> > In particular, is there anything I and/or others need to review before you
> > can start merging patches?
>
> Basically, we're still waiting for Laurent and Sakari's review.

Could you resend what you have to the list, please? Currently it's a number
of sets some of which contain updates only on particular patches. It'd be
easier to review that way.

I've been working on top of the set to add support for unlimited number of
entities, so unfortunately I've had less time for reviews. These patches are
still required before the rest can be applied so I've priorised them.

> > This is also relevant for the workshop agenda. I plan to put any MC topics
> > at the end of the workshop. As you mentioned in a mail exchange with Shuah,
> > as long as these patches aren't merged there is not all that much point in
> > discussing future work.
>
> Yep. There's no sense to even discuss MC at the workshop while the
> current work is not reviewed, as the other MC topic for discussion
> is related to dynamic support, to be added after the MC next gen
> support for G_TOPOLOGY.

Sakari Ailus
e-mail: sakari.ailus@iki.fi	XMPP: sailus@retiisi.org.uk

* Re: Current status of MC patches?
@ 2015-10-12 16:20     ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2015-10-12 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sakari Ailus, Mauro Carvalho Chehab

On 10/12/2015 05:56 PM, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> Hi Mauro and Hans,
>
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 12:11:53PM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>> Em Mon, 12 Oct 2015 15:08:33 +0200
>> Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> escreveu:
>>
>>> Hi Mauro,
>>>
>>> Can you give an update of the current status of the MC work? To be honest,
>>> I've lost track.
>>>
>>> In particular, is there anything I and/or others need to review before you
>>> can start merging patches?
>>
>> Basically, we're still waiting for Laurent and Sakari's review.
>
> Could you resend what you have to the list, please? Currently it's a number
> of sets some of which contain updates only on particular patches. It'd be
> easier to review that way.

I would actually appreciate that as well. That way I can see which patches I
have and which I haven't reviewed.

If you don't want to spam the ml, then you can also send it directly, but I
think it is OK to include the ml. Up to you, though.

Regards,

	Hans

@ 2015-10-12 16:29       ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2015-10-12 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Em Mon, 12 Oct 2015 18:20:49 +0200
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> escreveu:

> On 10/12/2015 05:56 PM, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> > Hi Mauro and Hans,
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 12:11:53PM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

> >> Basically, we're still waiting for Laurent and Sakari's review.
> >
> > Could you resend what you have to the list, please? Currently it's a number
> > of sets some of which contain updates only on particular patches. It'd be
> > easier to review that way.
>
> I would actually appreciate that as well. That way I can see which patches I
> have and which I haven't reviewed.
>
> If you don't want to spam the ml, then you can also send it directly, but I
> think it is OK to include the ml. Up to you, though.

Let me send the patches then to the Workshop ML. There are 83 patches.
That's too many to flood at the main list, specially since all patches
there are already at the main ML.

Regards,
Mauro