* [Buildroot] Qt5 and touchscreen calibration
@ 2015-10-30 16:55 David Picard
From: David Picard @ 2015-10-30 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

I got my touchscreen working perfectly with ts_test. Many thanks to
Peter Seiderer !

But the thing is that my Qt5 app does not grab the touchscreen properly
: x and y axis are switched. I did enable the tslib option under Qt5 in
menuconfig. Is there some magic command line option to pass to the
application ? I tried this :

$ myapp -platform linuxfb:fb=/dev/fb1 -plugin tslib
ts_open() failed (No such file or directory)

 >>> the app shows up, but TS still messed up.

My config :
- Raspberry Pi B+ and Adafruit 2.8" PiTFT w/ cap touch.
- Buildroot 2015.08.1
- Qt5 w/ tslib support enabled (BR2_PACKAGE_QT5BASE_TSLIB=y).

Regards,
David.

* [Buildroot] Qt5 and touchscreen calibration
@ 2015-10-30 17:23 ` Arnout Vandecappelle
From: Arnout Vandecappelle @ 2015-10-30 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 30-10-15 17:55, David Picard wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I got my touchscreen working perfectly with ts_test. Many thanks to Peter
> Seiderer !
>
> But the thing is that my Qt5 app does not grab the touchscreen properly : x and
> y axis are switched. I did enable the tslib option under Qt5 in menuconfig. Is
> there some magic command line option to pass to the application ? I tried this :
>
> $ myapp -platform linuxfb:fb=/dev/fb1 -plugin tslib
> ts_open() failed (No such file or directory)

 Did you export QT_QPA_EVDEV_TOUCHSCREEN_PARAMETERS=/dev/input/event0 (but
replace with the correct device of course)?

 Or hang on, for tslib it's TSLIB_TSDEVICE that you have to set.

 Regards,
 Arnout

@ 2015-10-30 20:12   ` Peter Seiderer
From: Peter Seiderer @ 2015-10-30 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello David, Arnout,

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 18:23:02 +0100, Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout@mind.be> wrote:

> On 30-10-15 17:55, David Picard wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > I got my touchscreen working perfectly with ts_test. Many thanks to Peter
> > Seiderer !
> >
> > But the thing is that my Qt5 app does not grab the touchscreen properly : x and
> > y axis are switched. I did enable the tslib option under Qt5 in menuconfig. Is

The following

	$ QT_QPA_EVDEV_TOUCHSCREEN_PARAMETERS='rotate=270' /usr/lib/qt/examples/touch/fingerpaint/fingerpaint -platform
linuxfb:fb=/dev/fb1

worked for me to get x/y right, see [1] for Qt5 parameters.

Regards,
Peter

[1] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/embedded-linux.html

@ 2015-11-02  7:53     ` David Picard
From: David Picard @ 2015-11-02  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

The 'rotate' trick did it.

Thanks,
David.

Le 30/10/2015 21:12, Peter Seiderer a ?crit :