* [Buildroot] Poco 1.6.1 with glib for Raspberry Pi
@ 2015-11-03  9:49 Benno
From: Benno @ 2015-11-03  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Everyone,

I got Problems with POCO 1.6.1 compiles with the 'unbundled' Flag for
Raspberry Pi.

When I compile my program with the POCO libs from buildroot this error
appear:

|..../libPocoFoundation.so: undefined reference to `_pcre_ucd_stage1'
|||....|/libPocoFoundation.so: undefined reference to
`_pcre_ucd_records' |||....|/libPocoFoundation.so: undefined reference
to `_pcre_ucp_gentype' |||....|/libPocoFoundation.so: undefined
reference to `_pcre_ucd_stage2'|

after a short internet search I found out that other people have the
same problem too but no clear solution to solve it.

I made sure that the packages pcre, zlib, expat and sqlite are checked
in buildroot then the program run through compilation,
but when I execute it on the pi the program returns with the error:

'undefined symbole: _prce_ucd_stage1'

Did I missed something important?

For my kernel I use glibc, for the FPEnviroment.
The only POCO packages that I  need are: Foundation, XML, Util, Net and
Sqlit.
I'm building on a Ubuntu 14.04 64 Bit System.

--
Mit freundlichen Gr??en / with best regards

Benno Schweikert

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] Poco 1.6.1 with glib for Raspberry Pi
@ 2015-11-03 14:19 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2015-11-03 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Dear Benno,

Thanks for your report! See below for those additional questions to
better understand what's going on and hopefully help resolve the issue.

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 10:49:45 +0100, Benno wrote:

> I got Problems with POCO 1.6.1 compiles with the 'unbundled' Flag for
> Raspberry Pi.
>
> When I compile my program with the POCO libs from buildroot this error
> appear:
>

> |..../libPocoFoundation.so: undefined reference to `_pcre_ucd_stage1'
> `_pcre_ucd_records' |||....|/libPocoFoundation.so: undefined reference
> to `_pcre_ucp_gentype' |||....|/libPocoFoundation.so: undefined
> reference to `_pcre_ucd_stage2'|

Can you give us a sample program that allows us to reproduce the
problem ?

> after a short internet search I found out that other people have the
> same problem too but no clear solution to solve it.
>
> I made sure that the packages pcre, zlib, expat and sqlite are checked
> in buildroot then the program run through compilation,
> but when I execute it on the pi the program returns with the error:
>
> 'undefined symbole: _prce_ucd_stage1'
>
> Did I missed something important?

Same here, can you give a sample program that allows us to reproduce ?

> For my kernel I use glibc, for the FPEnviroment.

Is the sentence incomplete? "for the FPEnvironment" doesn't really mean
anything.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* [Buildroot] Poco 1.6.1 with glib for Raspberry Pi
@ 2015-11-03 14:58   ` Benno
From: Benno @ 2015-11-03 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Dear Thomas,

> Can you give us a sample program that allows us to reproduce the
> problem ?

I tried to make an example program...

#include <string>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
     std::string example = "This is a test string";

     return 0;
}

I linked the Poco libraries Foundation, Util and Net. Then I compiled it.
When the linker is invoked I got the same errors again....

If this help you more in my Program I mostly use Poco for Time Stuff
like get the current time or
the regex for parsing strings and also threads

> Is the sentence incomplete? "for the FPEnvironment" doesn't really mean
> anything.
I thought its an important info that I use glibc.

--
Mit freundlichen Gr??en / with best regards

Benno Schweikert

ProSystems GmbH, Am Forst 26, D-74889 Sinsheim Eschelbach
Tel.: ++49(0)7265 / 911239
Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 341508
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Dipl.-Ing. Dietmar Nikolaj, Michael Doll, Ralf Rostock

@ 2015-11-03 15:02     ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2015-11-03 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Dear Benno,

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 15:58:54 +0100, Benno wrote:

> > Can you give us a sample program that allows us to reproduce the
> > problem ?
>
> I tried to make an example program...
>
> #include <string>
>
> int main(int argc, char **argv)
> {
>      std::string example = "This is a test string";
>
>      return 0;
> }

Unless I'm wrong this example program is *not* using the Poco libraries.

> I linked the Poco libraries Foundation, Util and Net. Then I compiled it.
> When the linker is invoked I got the same errors again....

This is unclear. Can you give the *exact* commands you are running
using the example program above to get the problem ?

> > Is the sentence incomplete? "for the FPEnvironment" doesn't really mean
> > anything.
> I thought its an important info that I use glibc.

Yes, the fact that you use glibc is useful. But it does not answer my
question which was: "what do you mean by FPEnvironment?"

Thomas
--

@ 2015-11-03 15:11       ` Benno
From: Benno @ 2015-11-03 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

> This is unclear. Can you give the *exact* commands you are running
> using the example program above to get the problem ?

for compiling:
path/to/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi-g++
-O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"src/Example.d"
-MT"src/Example.d" -o "src/Example.o" "../src/Example.cpp"

for linking:
path/to/output/host/usr/bin/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi-g++
-L/path/to/buildroot/output/target/usr/lib -o "ExampleProj"
./src/Example.o   -lPocoFoundation -lPocoUtil -lPocoNet

> Yes, the fact that you use glibc is useful. But it does not answer my
> question which was: "what do you mean by FPEnvironment?"

The FPEnvironment is for floating points.

--

@ 2015-11-03 16:22         ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2015-11-03 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Benno,

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 16:11:59 +0100, Benno wrote:

> > This is unclear. Can you give the *exact* commands you are running
> > using the example program above to get the problem ?
>
> for compiling:
> path/to/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi-g++
> -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"src/Example.d"
> -MT"src/Example.d" -o "src/Example.o" "../src/Example.cpp"
>
> for linking:
> path/to/output/host/usr/bin/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi-g++
> -L/path/to/buildroot/output/target/usr/lib -o "ExampleProj"
> ./src/Example.o   -lPocoFoundation -lPocoUtil -lPocoNet

I didn't test your program since you never gave me the Example.cpp
source code. Instead, I used the example HTTP server provided in the
Poco documentation. I indeed stumbled across the pcre issue, and also a
library installation problem.

I've fixed both issues in commit
http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=b8527eb3c017c74c861db8b21f8a0def55988382.
With those patches, I can successfully build and run the HTTP server
example.

Thanks for reporting the issue in the first place, and don't hesitate
to test and report back if the patches are working for you.

Best regards,

Thomas