* avoid to download kernel when bitbake -c configure virtual/kernel
@ 2015-11-04 15:54 Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo @ 2015-11-04 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

I've learnt that to develop kernel patches I should

bitbake -c cleanall virtual/kernel
bitbake -c configure virtual/kernel

bitbake -c configure virtual/kernel
wants to download the kernel once more

Did I do something wrong or is there a way to avoid to download the
kernel over and over other than setting up a proxy?

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it

* Re: avoid to download kernel when bitbake -c configure virtual/kernel
@ 2015-11-04 16:04 ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2015-11-04 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo; +Cc: poky

On Wed, 2015-11-04 at 16:54 +0100, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> I've learnt that to develop kernel patches I should
>
> bitbake -c cleanall virtual/kernel
> bitbake -c configure virtual/kernel

"cleanall" means remove *everything* including the sources. Not sure why
you'd be using that, try "clean" instead.

> bitbake -c configure virtual/kernel
> wants to download the kernel once more
>
> Did I do something wrong or is there a way to avoid to download the
> kernel over and over other than setting up a proxy?

Don't use "cleanall", you shouldn't need to. There is also "cleansstate"
if you really wanted to remove prebuilt cache objects but again, you
shouldn't need that. "cleansstate" will be better than "cleanall" though
from a downloads perspective.

Cheers,

Richard