* [DVBT USB dongle] problem with Zolid Mini DVB-T Stick on linux mint 17.2
@ 2015-11-25 22:53 Mark Croft
From: Mark Croft @ 2015-11-25 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media, Robert Treen

hi

hope this is the correct list about trying to get linux to talk to
dvb-t usb stick?

check out all the logs etc here http://pastebin.com/V3RQ17hz

thx

* Re: [DVBT USB dongle] problem with Zolid Mini DVB-T Stick on linux mint 17.2
@ 2015-11-25 22:57 ` Antti Palosaari
From: Antti Palosaari @ 2015-11-25 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Croft, linux-media, Robert Treen

On 11/26/2015 12:53 AM, Mark Croft wrote:
> hi
>
> hope this is the correct list about trying to get linux to talk to
> dvb-t usb stick?
>
> check out all the logs etc here http://pastebin.com/V3RQ17hz

and antenna is plugged and it is good antenna with strong signal? Test
it first using windows. Logs says all is OK.

Antti

> thx

http://palosaari.fi/

* Re: [DVBT USB dongle] problem with Zolid Mini DVB-T Stick on linux mint 17.2
@ 2015-11-25 23:13   ` Antti Palosaari
From: Antti Palosaari @ 2015-11-25 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Croft, linux-media, Robert Treen

On 11/26/2015 12:57 AM, Antti Palosaari wrote:
> On 11/26/2015 12:53 AM, Mark Croft wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> hope this is the correct list about trying to get linux to talk to
>> dvb-t usb stick?
>>
>> check out all the logs etc here http://pastebin.com/V3RQ17hz
>
> and antenna is plugged and it is good antenna with strong signal? Test
> it first using windows. Logs says all is OK.

I started looking that initial tuning file and noticed I don't even have
those old dvbv3 tuning files you are using.

You probably want use dvbv5 scan instead:
$ dvbv5-scan /usr/share/dvbv5/dvb-t/uk-BeaconHill

w_scan is also very good blind scanning app - no need for initial tuning
files.
$ w_scan -c GB

regards
Antti